Finding the perfect grill is an act of serendipity. There’s a feeling of homecoming, of finding the one true love of your grilling life. You finally have something you can spend the rest of your life flipping burgers on. And looking at Weber Genesis E 310 reviews, it certainly seems like it could be your happily ever after.
That’s what I’m going to look into today. This article will examine the Weber E 310 and see how it performs. So, if you’ve been considering this gas grill, don’t skip reading this!
Weber Genesis E-310 Grill Review
The Weber Genesis E 310 Natural Gas Grill is a 38000 BTU unit with 637 square inches of cooking and warming space. The large size makes it an ideal option for those looking for a grill that can handle cooking for families and parties.
Design and Construction:
The spacious construction of this grill means you can use it for grilling giant slabs of ribs, multiple chickens, and even a 20-pound turkey. The 3 stainless burners ensure even cooking, so you won’t have to spend ages cooking.
Moreover, the unit is mostly constructed from stainless steel and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. These make the grill very sturdy and long-lasting and prevent it from rusting or breaking down.
The grill comes in an enclosed cart and features a built-in thermometer with 6 tool hooks that make the cooking process more convenient. Also, the side table/shelf makes it easier to prep or store your ingredients.
Lighting It Up:
This Weber E 310 natural gas grill requires a liquid propane tank, which isn’t included with the grill. As mentioned earlier, it is a 38,000-BTU grill and uses an individual electronic ignition system, where each burner needs to be lit separately.
Despite the heat capacity, there are few chances of a flare-up, as the grill prevents foods from getting accidentally charred or burnt.
The best thing about the Weber E 310 is that you have absolute control over the temperature of the grilling process. You can create the direct and indirect heat zones as you wish, and the Flavorizer bars add beautiful char and grill marks.
The food grilled gets browned evenly and cooked through without drying out. The best part, though? This grill gives your food the classic, smokey flavor you get from a charcoal grill.
The bars help collect the flavorful drippings from the meat, which adds back more flavor and creates smoke for a more authentic grilling experience.
People also really like how easy the grill is to use. You can light each of the burners with the touch of a button. There is also an inbuilt thermometer, which prevents you from over or undercooking your food.
The grids also enable you to like more delicate foods like flakey seafood, prawns, and even fruit and veggies. Moreover, the control knobs are easy to manage, so you can change the settings with the flick of a wrist.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Another great thing about this grill is how low maintenance it is. The grease management system is top-notch; there is a system to guide the grease away from your food and into a drip pan that is easy to clean and remove.
The grill is easy to take apart and clean, so you will automatically figure out what to do. The unit also has a 5-year limited warranty to take care of any mishaps or accidents.
- Dimensions: 41.9 x 32.5 x 24.3 inches
- Weight: 179 pounds
- Maximum Temperature: 550F
- Warranty: 5 years
- .Easy to set up, clean, and maintain.
- Creates smokey, charred meat without any overcooking.
- Precise temperature control and individual ignition button.
- Lots of space for holding utensils and ingredients
- Heavy-duty and durable construction will last for years without damage.
- Suitable for beginners and newbie grill enthusiasts.
- Very heavy, so portability may be an issue for some.
- Takes a while to heat up to a searing temperature.
Buying the Weber Genesis E 310: What You Need to Know
The first thing you need to realize is that it won’t work like a charcoal grill. It won’t give you the signature flavor of charcoal-grilled food, but it comes close. Here are a couple of things you need to consider beforehand to see if the grill is compatible with your needs:
Cast Iron Grill Grates:
Like other cast iron materials, you need to season the cast iron parts of the grill. Without this, your food will get stuck to the grill grates. You should also avoid scrubbing the grates with steel wool and abrasive products as this will remove the seasoning layer.
While the setup is relatively easy, it is certainly time-consuming. The grill comes with a detailed instruction manual, but you need to pay attention to set it up correctly. For most people, the initial setup will take 2-3 hours.
The grill follows general safety standards and can detect gas leaks. When the grill is lit incorrectly, the gas flow from the mains will be automatically reduced, to prevent explosions from a leak. Also, the catch pan is located at a safe distance from the burners so that you won’t hurt yourself.
This grill is extremely heavy. While this is great in terms of sturdiness and durability, it also means that it is very hard to move or transport. You will need one or two more people to move this grill around. So, make sure you set it up in a place you’re happy with.
The large size also means that you need ample room to set it up in. Make sure the patio, deck, or backyard you want is big enough to keep or store it properly.
These key features will sum everything you need to know about this grill before your purchase.
- Cooking Area: 507 square inches
- Warming Space: 130 inches
- Burners: 3
- BTU: 38000
- Fuel: Natural gas and liquid propane
Using the Weber Genesis E-310 Natural Gas Grill
This grill works just like another gas grill, so it is reasonably straightforward to use. But in case you need to refresh your memory, this will help you out:
- Start with a clean grill and connect your gas line or propane tank.
- Once your fuel source is connected, light the grill. Keep the grill lid open and use the buttons to ignite the burners.
- Wait for your grill to heat up to the desired temperature before creating your direct and indirect cooking areas.
- And just like that, your grill is ready for your meat and fish!
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Weber Genesis E 310
Cleaning your Weber after each use is the easiest to ensure it works properly for a long time. Here’s what you need to do:
- Once the grill is cool, remove the cooking grates and clean them with a grill cleaner and soft cloth.
- Clean the greased pan and remove the drippings.
- If things are stuck to your grill grates, fire your grill to the hottest temperature and burn the debris off.
- Wash and wipe the surface of the grill once it is cool.
- Once or twice a year take your grill apart and give it a good deep clean.
Weber E-310 vs. Weber II E-310
The Weber Genesis II E-310 Grill is basically a smart and improved version of the E-310. If you want to know how these two models differ, keep reading:
- The Weber II E-310 is a more expensive model, while the E-310 is a lot more affordable.
- The Weber II E-310 is a smart grill and includes an app that allows you to use it remotely.
- The Weber II E-310 is quite hard to use and control the heat, so it is best for experienced grillers.
- It is also larger in cooking capacity when compared to the E-310.
Where Can I Find the Weber E-310?
The good news is that you can find this grill in many online and physical stores. Besides Amazon, you will be able to find it in Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, and other chain stores. You can also order it from the Weber site.
Below you’ll find answers to questions we get asked the most about Weber Genesis E-310.
01. How Long Will My Weber E-310 Last?
When cared for and used properly, your Weber grill will last for 10-15 years before it requires serious repairs or replacements.
02. Can I Use My Gas Grill as a Smoker?
If you want to use your Weber grill as a makeshift smoker, this article will show you the best way to do it.
03. What Do the Flavorizer Bars Do?
These bars add flavor to your food and give it that grilled flavor. They also direct the grease and drippings away from your grilled food, so that your patties and meat won’t be greasy or soggy.
To Wrap Up
Like other Weber Genesis E 310 reviews, this one has shown you how this grill works and what it can do for you. It provides ample space for cooking and keeping your grilled meat warm, as well as space to prepare your ingredients. It is affordable, easy to use, and gives food a lovely smoky grilled flavor. You simply cannot find a better, long-lasting one than this!