Your grill not giving the perfect sear you need?
Maybe it is time to switch to the boss of seared foods!
Introducing the Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill that uses its superior power and turns raw food into the most delectable meal you have ever tasted!
Be it large parties or small parties, BBQ, or roasted food, this beauty got you covered in all ways!
It might look attractive to you but even in its looks, it has the secrets of durability!
Eager to know more?
Keep reading through this Pit Boss Austin XL review to learn all about it!
Pit Boss Austin XL Review: A Snippet
Wondering what the Pit Boss Austin XL 1000 is all about? Here is a short overview of what you can expect from it.
- 1000 square inch cooking surface accommodates a lot of food.
- Porcelain-coated grills distribute heat evenly.
- Flame broiler allows direct flame grilling.
- Temperature ranges from 150 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit to allow perfect cooking.
- The thermometer on top allows control of temperature.
- Hopper that accommodates up to 31 pounds wood.
- Dimensions: 62.4 x 25.79 x 28.23 inches
- Weight: 181 pounds
- Cooking area: 1000 square inches
- Temperature range: 150-500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Manufacturer: Walmart
- Color: Bronze
- Warranty: Limited 1 year warranty
A Few Benefits:
Of course, like any other product, this one comes with its own sets of advantages. Let’s take a look:
With the tightly closed lid, temperature control, and porcelain-coated grill plates, the Austin XL smoker effectively cooks your food the way you want it.
One of the main advantages of a porcelain-coated grill is that it spreads the heat evenly, and so none of the food is over or undercooked. As a result, you get delicious, juicy protein to go with all kinds of rice, be it brown rice or sushi!
Ease of Use:
Once you have figured out how to use this, it will be a breeze. There are no complicated buttons and only the temperature control knob to make your grilling session hasslefree!
Value for Money:
The price tag on this might be high but hey! Austin XL Pit Boss is one of the best pellet grills out there with its superior performance.
- Cooks all kinds of food to perfection.
- Direct flaming is great for charred flavor on food.
- The temperature range allows versatility in cooking.
- Accommodates a lot of items in one go.
- Has easy one-touch temperature adjustments.
- Does not rust easily.
- Built to last.
- Gets extremely hot: Since the Pit Boss XL pellet grill reaches up to a temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit, it is expected that it will get really hot after a while. And I am not just talking about the interior, the body and panel can get pretty hot as well!
Ergo, your cooking can be delayed for a while if you do not want to go near it.
However, I have found the Grill Heat Aid Heat Resistant Gloves to do an excellent job when dealing with hot items. I can easily touch my Pit Boss XL with these and only feel a little warmth in my hands!
Check out more heat resistant gloves as such, by clicking here.
- Can cause flare-ups: The grates on the Pit Boss XL Pellet Grill are a teensy bit wider than we are used to. Hence, some of the grease and other liquids might seep through. This becomes a problem only when you add alcohol carelessly, causing flare-ups.
To avoid this, you could trim out the fat from the meat beforehand and also consider cleaning the grill every once in a while.
Where to Buy Your New Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill
Pit Boss Austin XL is one of the best grills out there for a large party. With its 1000 square inches cooking surface, wide temperature range, and ability to grill food to perfection, it will leave you impressed!
If my snippet of the Pit Boss Austin XL 1000 review has already intrigued you, then head on here to purchase your very own pellet grill!
If not, I bet you will be convinced by the end of it. So, let’s keep going!
Pit Boss Pellet Grill Review: My Experience with It
Honestly, from my experience, the Pit Boss Austin XL is a beast! It can cook up anything and it does so perfectly. Not only did it leave me in awe, but my friends and family were also blown away as well!
Wondering what all this hype is about? Here are a few pointers:
Nothing Easier Than This!:
I hate complicated buttons and so one of my main attractions towards the Pit Boss Grill was the ease of use. Coming with an LED panel on the front, you can easily control all the setups.
From 150 to 500 degrees, you can effortlessly increase or decrease the temperature according to your needs. The best part is that no matter how high the heat is, the food will not dry out and will remain as juicy as ever!
Most Pit Boss pellet grill reviews will tell you one thing and that is: it is worth the money! Running on a fan-forced convection cooking, it efficiently grills everything you place on it. It gives out a total of 20700 BTUs making it one of the strongest grills out there.
Besides, it charges up with 100% natural hardwood pellets. You can be sure that the food will taste good!
Lots of Cooking Space:
Featuring 1000 square inches of cooking space, I knew instantly that this would be perfect for my backyard parties! I can place around 48 burgers on it and it nicely welcomes all of them with enough space in between each.
Out of the 1000 square inches, 930 square inches are for the direct flaming feature it offers. When preparing my duck or turkeys, this space lets me slow cook them to perfection!
Moreover, the hopper can fit in 31 lbs of Pit Boss smoker pellets which is quite a lot if you ask me. This ample space also means that the pellets do not finish easily and you can grill for a long time!
Eight Functions in One:
Unlike many grills, the Pit Boss XL Pellet Grill is good for more than one function. Apart from grilling, I have also roasted and smoked my food! In fact, with its wide temperature range, you can easily bake items on this as well.
Along with that, it has an amazing flame broiler that gives you the benefit of both indirect and direct cooking. If you want an excellent sear on the meat, this is the feature you should use.
How do you know if the temperature is correct?
Well, the thermometer on top lets you refer to the accurate heat inside the grill. With this, you can rest easy knowing what the inside of it is like!
Stronger Than Most:
Lastly, but definitely not the least, one of the main aspects that anyone looks for in a grill is durability. After all, spending so much money should be worth it, right?
Crafted with premium-grade steel and copper it will stay with you for a long time! If you compare it to other grills, you will notice that the steel used here is heavier than most, making it more durable than the rest.
Remember when I talked about its looks being the secret to its durability?
The color of the chimney, hood, and lid might be there for attraction but that is not all. This color comes out due to a high-temperature copper finish that makes them resistant to rust and corrosion! How smart is that?!
You might be thinking that with all this heaviness, it should be hard to move around? It would have if it weighed a lot!
But, this fantastic pellet grill only weighs 179 pounds and has four caster wheels for easy movement. Durable and maneuverable!
Buying the Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill: What You Need to Know
I have almost covered everything you need to know before buying your Pit Boss Austin XL for sale. But, a few more tips could not hurt anyone! Let’s learn a bit more, shall we?
Assembling any grill for a first-timer is pretty complicated. However, if you are a pro, it should take about half an hour max!
The first time I got my Pit Boss Austin XL Grill, I had help and the two of us got it done in about 40 to 50 minutes. Pretty impressive for us!
- Connect the bottom shelf to the four legs that came in the box.
- Attach the long and side support plates to the legs.
- Fasten the wheels to the legs.
- Screw the main grill unit over the assembled legs.
- Attach the lid and side handles to the unit.
- Place the thermometer into the hole on the lid.
- Take the grease bucket out of the hopper and place it to the side of the unit.
- Insert the flame broiler and the grates inside the lid.
- Screw the chimney in place.
- Tada! You are done!
I do not always like following the user manual so if you are like me here is a video to follow.
If not, the user manual that comes with the Pit Boss XL Pellet Grill does a pretty good job as well!
I will not lie that when I first put this grill together, I thought it would be a heck of a job getting it moving. However, as soon I started moving it, the four caster wheels made it 10x easier to maneuver!
That being said, I tested it on grass well but sadly, it did not move so well there. But, it is smooth on concrete patios and decks and what more could you ask for!
This is a rather unknown fact but whenever you get a pellet grill, it is best that you prime it at first.
What happens if you do not?
It is highly likely that the igniter will time out and the pellets will not be able to reach it while it is hot.
Do not know how to prime? I got you covered!
- Fill the pellet holder with pellets.
- Get the grill geared in XL mode.
- Push down the prime button.
That is all you have to do! After this, the auger will feed the pellets from the reservoir to the firepot. Once you hear the sound of pellets falling into the firepot, you will know that the grill is primed!
Remember that this is not an everyday process. Priming only needs to be done when the grill is being used for the first time so do not freak out yet!
How to Use the Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill
Confused about how to operate a pellet grill? Follow these steps for an easy start-up:
- Fill the reservoir with the pellets.
- Set the unit to your desired temperature.
- Press the power button to get it geared up.
- After a while, there will be smoke coming out of the smokestack.
- After 10 minutes or so, your Pit Boss Grill will be ready to use!
Note: The first time you start up this beast, it is normal to notice a lot of smoke coming out so do not freak out!
Maintaining & Cleaning Tips for a Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill
Even though I vouched for the durability of the Pit Boss XL Grill, the key to keeping it that way is maintaining it. Here are a few cleaning tips to keep your grill as good as new:
- Burn off the extra food bits that remain after grilling.
- Use a grill brush to scrape out the stubborn debris from the grates.
- Unfasten the grate and scrub the other side as well.
- Use a grill cleaner to remove grease from the grates.
- Rinse and wipe with water.
- After the grates are completely out, clean the dirt from the burner cover.
- Empty the grease bucket below.
- Remove the ashes from inside the burn pot as well as from the bottom of the barrel.
Friendly tip: What I like to do to make my life easier is to place an aluminum foil paper over the grease pan. In this way, I do not have to clean it, rather I can simply throw the liner out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below I have answered the four most asked questions about the Austin XL Pit Boss Grill:
01. What is the Best Temperature for This Grill?
Honestly, the temperature of the Pit Boss XL Pellet Grill depends on the food you are cooking. It ranges from 150 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so set the temperature according to your desired method and you are good to go!
02. Can the Pit Boss Pellet Grill Perform Any Other Functions?
It has the option of direct flame grilling which is great for when you want a nice char on the meat.
Additionally, you can smoke, roast, and even bake with your Pit Boss Pellet Grill!
And it does not end there.
The Austin XL by Pit Boss gives you the satisfaction of searing and enjoying the parties with some delicious BBQ chicken!
03. Do I Need to Burn-In the Pit Boss Austin XL Pellet Grill?
I would recommend burning in since it can enhance the performance of the grill. Here are the steps to follow:
- Spray cooking oil on the inside of the grill.
- Set the grill temperature at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let it sit like that for 45 minutes or so.
Once the smoke has adhered properly, the surface will turn pitch black and that is when you know the burn-in is successful!
Why is the burn-in required?
It will burn off any unwanted chemicals or elements that might have stuck to the grill from the manufacturing process.
04. Does the Pit Boss Grill Come with a Cover?
However, you can click here to purchase your very own Pit Boss Austin XL cover. I highly recommend getting a cover so that you hide it away from the dust and help it remain as good as new!
And honestly, it is a good purchase because you do not want your grill to go bad that easily, do you?!
The Pit Boss Pellet Grill Austin XL is definitely a force to reckon with. With its 1000 square inches cooking surfaces and its ability to perform eight functions, it is bound to steal your heart!
Once you get the hang of this grill, there is nothing else you would want!
Let’s Hear from You:
Do you have more questions from the Pit Boss Austin XL review?
Leave a comment and we will get back to you!