Imagine a day-in with your favorite people; grilling the best chicken and enjoying each other’s presence!
Truly, grilling is one of the best ways to enjoy a day with your friends and family in the backyard. But, if you do not have the right grill for it, you all might have to eat raw, uncooked, or overcooked food! Now, who wants that?!
To get the best out of your grilling sessions, Camp Chef came up with their SmokePro Pellet Grill that cooks any food to perfection!
But pellet grills are not user-friendly are they?
Yes, gas grills might have more automated features to make your life easier but pellet grills make up for that with their own advantages. They are fast, versatile, and the pellets enhance the flavor of your steak and burgers!
So this Camp Chef Smokepro DLX review talks about one of the best pellet grills out there. From homeowners to professional cooks, most of them had good words for this!
Keep reading to find out all about this one!
Camp Chef Smokepro DLX Review
The Camp Chef Smokepro DLX Pellet Grill offers excellent performance and will leave you impressed no matter what! It has ample cooking space for a medium-sized party and makes perfectly grilled food that will amp up your party.
- Dimensions: 40.5 x 25 x 22 inches
- Grilling area: 570 square inches
- Hopper capacity: 18 pounds
- Color: Bronze
- Warranty: 3 years
- 429 square inches of grilling area.
- 144 square inches of warming rack on top.
- Attached side table.
- Convenient ash cleanout system.
- Large pellet hopper.
- Dual LED temperature panel.
- Auto-start ignition system.
Design: A Well Thought Pellet Grill
Many Camp Chef pellet grill reviews will have already told you that this one does not look all that extraordinary. The slight bronze color on the lid and chimney are great, but nothing too catchy, if you ask me!
Nevertheless, what it lacks in the looks it makes up for in the small details.
Starting with the nonstick porcelain grates that are the easiest to clean. Nonstick means you will not require much grease and the porcelain material helps to spread heat evenly. And hey, less grease means healthier food!
Next comes the shelf on the side. Instead of going frantic while grilling about where to place your hot plates, use this shelf for a calm grilling sesh! This one easily holds your plates while you prepare the next meal, letting you relax a bit and not being all over the place!
Most consumers have always complained about the hoppers of pellet grills making it hard to move. Ergo, Camp Chef listened and attached a small magnetic latch that secures the hopper lid in place when you are shifting the Camp Chef Smokepro PG24 Deluxe Pellet Grill.
Using this was like a dream! It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing pellet grill out there, but the little details make you appreciate this more!
Durability: Grilling for Ages!:
Camp Chef did not only focus on the details, but they also made sure that Camp Chef Smokepro DLX Pellet Grill will be by your side for a long time!
Made from the finest materials, this grill can withstand the most extreme temperatures. The most reassuring part is that almost all consumers have said that their Camp Chef grill lasted for a long time!
How Well Does It Perform?:
All things aside, there is the performance. The Camp Chef Smokepro Grill does not compromise with its performance in any way!
Ranging from 160 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, you can easily perform a variety of functions in this. With the pellet feeder continuously supplying the pellets to the burner, this grill cooks any food by keeping its juices intact!
One of the most supreme features of this one is the built-in cooldown function. After the food is done being grilled inside, this aspect settles it down to a temperature that is just right for you to devour! No more waiting, only eating!
All in all, whether you are smoking brisket pork, grilling steak, or cooking up delicious chicken and pork chops, this will have your back!
A complete 10/10 for its performance!
Ash Clean Out Bucket: The Most Unique Feature:
One of the most annoying parts of any pellet grill is the built-up ashes at the bottom. Cleaning that up is a whole different mess that no one wants to get into!
The SmokePro Grill by Camp Chef installed an ash cleaning system. Basically, there is a small metal sheet underneath that comes with a long handle. After your grilling sesh is done, pull out the sheet with the handle and the ashes will fall straight into the can under it.
Ample Cooking Space:
Camp Chef SmokePro Grill might not be the one for large parties, but it surely is a delight for small to medium-sized groups. With a total of 570 square inches, it nicely accommodates a good amount of food for everyone!
You can easily four large pieces of lambs; three on the primary and one on the secondary grilling area. We even fit a fourteen-pound brisket with no trouble at all!
What We Love about the Camp Chef SmokePro Pellet Grill:
- Grills juicy food every time.
- Attention to detail.
- Evenly cooks food.
- Sufficient grilling area.
- Ash cleanout system makes cleanup a breeze.
- A wide range of temperatures makes it versatile.
- Comes with a meat probe.
- Built to last.
What Could Be Improved about the Camp Chef SmokePro Pellet Grill:
- Temperature fluctuations: The temperature can fluctuate quite a bit depending on where you place the probe. The Camp Chef low smoke temp is at 160 degrees Fahrenheit but it can sometimes vary in between 140 to 180 degrees.
However, this problem occurs with most grills and the Camp Chef SmokePro Grill is actually better off than the rest in this category. At most temperatures, it only fluctuates up to 10 to 15 degrees so we were pretty impressed!
- Not for large groups: With an area of 570 square inches, the Camp Chef Pellet Grill is not meant for large groups. Yes, you can grill food in two batches but that is about it.
Nevertheless, not all grills are for large parties right?! Its superior performance for a small to medium group of friends and family is good enough to compromise for its size!
- Pellet hopper did not deliver pellets when it was low: This grill will not operate if you do not put in enough pellets. The 18 lbs hopper needs to be booming with pellets for it to be delivered properly.
Out of all the well-thought-out details, including the pellet viewer, this is one aspect Camp Chef should really look into!
Why Should You Buy It?
If you are looking for a medium-sized pellet grill, that cooks your food to perfection and has all the user-friendly features, then this is the one!
To add a cherry to the top, their patented ash cleanout system makes cleaning this as easy as ABC! No more dust blowing up your face!
Buying the Camp Chef Smokepro DLX Pellet Grill: What You Need to Know
If you think you have seen enough smoke with your last grill, you have not experienced this one! The Camp Chef DLX SmokePro Pellet Grill gives you the ultimate smoking experience. It is almost as good as Barrel Smoker.
It puffs out smoke like no other and gives an extra flavor to your food. Whether you want to smoke brisket pork or ribs, it will back you up!
The majority of the grills only come with a thermometer attached on top. However, the Smokepro Pellet Grill brings a meat probe along with it.
Utilize the meat probe to get accurate results when grilling and bring in the perfect food according to your preferences. Medium rare or well-done, the meat probe will help you through it!
Ease of Use:
We do not support it but even a ten-year-old could get this going! All you have to do is rotate the knobs to get it to your desired temperature and gear it up. That is all!
Moreover, the temperature does not fluctuate much as well so it is super easy to use even for first-timers.
The instructions manual is also very clear so if you face any problems, that is always there!
How to Use the Camp Chef Smokepro DLX Pellet
This Camp Chef PG24 pellet grill review might have given you the idea that it is easy to use but you might get confused the first time.
To ease out the process, here are the basic steps:
- Fill the pellet reservoir with your desired pellets.
- Turn on the power button.
- Wait for the blue lines on the LED to line up.
- Turn the dial to the “Feed” option.
- Press down the Bypass button until you see the FEED word on the display. (usually three seconds)
- Wait for it to smoke up. (Takes about 7 to 10 minutes)
- Set the temperature to your preferred heat settings and watch when it reaches the desired temp.
- Place the food on the grates.
- Attach the temp probes in their places.
- Once the food is done, turn the dial to the “Shut off” option.
- Let the grill turn down its temperature on its own.
- After the temperature comes down, shut it off and unplug.
That is it! It might seem like a lot of steps, but once you get used to it, you will be fine!
Always remember to unplug the grill when not in use. And never shut it off before it cools down.
Want a visual representation? Here you go!
In case the included meat probe does not suit your needs, here are the top three we recommend:
- ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital
- ThermoPro TP-17 Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer
- Habor 022 Meat Thermometer
Maintaining & Cleaning the Camp Chef
Let’s face it. No matter how sturdy a grill is, maintaining it is the key to keeping it with you for a longer time.
Here are a few cleanup tips for you:
- Use a scrubber to clean the lid of the grill since it accumulates a lot of greases while grilling.
- Remove the grates and burner covers.
- Scrub off any ashes and grease from all the parts.
- Take a scraper and scrape off the hardened bits stuck in the burner and elsewhere.
- Clean out the ashtray.
- Always give the thermometer a wipe from the inside if you want it to accurately read temperatures the next time.
- Wipe the exterior with a wet towel to get it shining.
The one thing we left out is the grates. Here is how to clean them:
- Soak them in a vinegar solution for a while.
- After a few hours, take them out and scrub off the grime with a grill brush.
Remember that if the grill is still hot, take that to your advantage! Immediately scrub off any remaining bits while the grates are hot. This way, it is way easier and faster than the soaking method!
Where to Buy Your New Camp Chef Smokepro DLX
All in all, the Camp Chef SmokePro Pellet Grill is one of the best pellet grills you can have! Click here to buy it today and start grilling for days to come.
Even if the price seems high, be assured that it will last for years and give you flawless food all throughout!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have answered the most important questions to clear out before buying a Camp Chef SmokePro Pellet Grill.
01. Is the Thermometer on the Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Accurate?
Yes, it does. If the external environment is not too windy, the thermometer only fluctuates about 10 to 15 degrees. This is pretty impressive when compared to other pellet grills!
However, if there are strong winds and the lid is not properly closed, the heat might fluctuate a little more.
On the other hand, the accuracy of the meat probe depends on where you place it. If it is near the grates or the center, it will come out pretty accurate but as you move it towards the lid, you will notice it fluctuating as well.
02. Can the Camp Chef DLX Pellet Grill Sear Steak or Burgers?
To some extent. Since the Camp Chef DLX SmokePro Grill reaches to only 500 degrees and does not direct flaming, it is not surprising that the sear is not perfect.
That being said, at about 400 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit it does give the steak a light sear on it. More or less, it is the best for smoking rather than searing.
03. How Long do the Wood Pellets Last?
A full hopper of 18 lbs lasts somewhere around 40 hours. However, this also depends on the brand of the pellets you use, so always make sure to check the labels.
And, do not tone down the pellets to save money because unless the hopper is beaming with pellets, it will hardly work well!
04. Can the Camp Chef be Used without Producing Much Smoke?
Yes, definitely! While the Camp Chef Pellet Grill is known to produce a lot of smoke, it sticks to the needs of you as well!
At a temperature of 300 degrees or higher, you get almost very little smoke. Ergo, we figured that the higher the temperature, the lesser the smoke. If you want even less flavor from the pellets, you could opt for Adler or Oak pellets.
Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill provides a fun-filled experience in grilling and gives you the best-tasting food you have had! It is user-friendly, has superb versatility, and is easy to clean, making it a good choice for all households.
Choosing the perfect grill has never been easy but we hope this Camp Chef Smokepro DLX review could gather most of the information for you.
If you still have questions, feel free to ask us. If not, then get to purchase the best appliance you have owned yet!