Whether you want to start your day with a juicy hamburger, or you’re craving pancakes and scrambled eggs at 8 p.m., nothing beats diner-style meals.
Have you ever wondered what their secret is? What makes them so addictive?
Nope, it’s not heaps of a little-known brand of butter. It’s not even a secret spice or herb in their marinade.
The answer is simple and in-your-face. It’s all about the griddle they use to cook your food.
The right griddle can completely transform the taste of your food. It’s also why Japanese hibachi restaurants are so popular.
If you’re tired of grilling the usual way, spice up your summer cookouts and picnics by getting yourself a griddle grill. It’s an absolute game-changer and will wow both your guests and your taste buds.
In this article, I’m going to review the best griddle available in 2021 and go into detail about what makes them so great. Stick around, because this review also includes a definitive buying guide and answers commonly-asked questions about using and maintaining griddle grills!
Why Choose a Griddle Grill?
If you’re already satisfied with your regular grill, you might wonder what makes griddle grills so special. The truth is, once you get used to using a griddle grill, you’ll never want to go back. Here’s why you just need to try a large outdoor griddle at least once while summer is still here.
Larger Surface Area:
No matter how big your grill is, it just can’t compete with the surface area of a griddle grill. The larger surface means you can grill in bulk, which is great if you’re cooking for lots of people.
Also, because of the spaces in an ordinary grill, smaller foods like asparagus and bacon strips can fall through the cracks. There’s no chance of this happening on a griddle grill.
The hot griddle has an even, solid surface throughout. This means that once it is seasoned, there is absolutely no way your steak or fish will stick to the surface. But more importantly, it means that it can brown the surface of your food quickly and evenly.
More browning= more caramelization= more flavor!
If you’re feeding a large crowd, there is a good chance that you have a larger menu to accommodate all your guests. Using the best griddle grill, you can easily cook multiple items in one go.
The larger surface means you can make pancakes, fry up some eggs, and sear your favorite steak all at the same time!
The Best Griddle Grills: Our Favorites
If you don’t have time to go through all the entries of this list, check out the top picks for the best griddles. People everywhere love them and I’m sure you will too!
- Editor’s Choice: Blackstone 1554 Gas Griddle Grill Station
- Runner Up: Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station
- Best Portable Griddle: Blackstone Grill & Portable Table Top Gas Griddle
- If you’re looking for the ideal outdoor griddle grill, the Blackstone 1554 Gas Griddle Grill Station is the option for you. You can replace your BBQ with this easy-to-use griddle and cook pretty much anything on it. Best of all, the grease-management system makes cleaning a breeze.
- The Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station is a smaller 28-inch version of the previous entry. It hits the sweet spotーperfect for use in your backyard, or to take with you on camping trips. And it makes a mean hamburger, as well as steaks, seafood, and teppanyaki.
- If you love the outdoors, the Blackstone Grill & Portable Table Top Gas Griddle makes for a great camping companion. It is compact and portable, using up little space in your vehicle. It heats up quickly and evenly and is pretty low maintenance between uses.