Find out the Starbucks blenders are used to make blended beverages, which is right for you, and compare them with other blenders to make the right choice.
‘Tis the season for Starbucks pumpkin spice, peppermint mocha frappuccino, or any other blended beverages that come in different flavors this time of year. It’s time to indulge and I, for one, am a regular fan of these seasonal beverages.
I’ve often wondered what blender does Starbucks use to get the smooth and velvety frappuccinos and if it would be worth it for me to get it for use at home. So I went about doing my research as usual and here’s what I found out.
Which Is The Starbucks Blender Of Choice?
To end all your speculations here’s the answer to what blender Starbucks uses to produce one after another beverage blended to perfection. The Quiet One Vitamix Blender is the typical blender used at Starbucks. Starbucks uses this Vitamix blender for a wide range of reasons.
To maintain a decent coffee shop atmosphere where customers can converse and enjoy their coffee without annoying burring sounds, Starbucks needs their commercial blenders to be as quiet as possible. This blender was made specifically to be very quiet with a special air management system for noise reduction. Although it’s a strong blender, other blenders of a similar size are usually considerably noisy. It features a sound shield to assist in muting some of the sound and vibrations produced by the motor. As a result, this product is 4X quieter than comparable blenders.
The 3-peak output horsepower engine effortlessly combines many servings of smoothies, frappés, and frozen drinks while swiftly pulverizing the ingredients. The motor can cut through anything. Many of Starbucks’ blended drinks contain a lot of ice and other frozen components. They require a flexible blender that can easily and consistently shred through components like ice with minimal hassle.
Starbucks baristas move quickly since there is a steady stream of customers waiting impatiently for their beverages, thus their blenders must be able to keep up with the flow of customers’ orders. This blender can blend everything in one go without any need for re-blending and has been made for quick and active use, right down to the no-drip, smooth-pour spout.
Another reason is the blender’s programmable settings, like the automatic shut-off feature, ensure further efficiency. Thanks to the 6 program buttons and 34 optimum parameters included with this blender, Starbucks can produce drinks with higher consistency, flexibility, and efficiency. This product can even handle special recipes without any hiccups.
Starbucks needs a blender that won’t need to be fixed, replaced, or even meticulously maintained, given how frequently they use them. This blender is made to withstand years of continuous commercial use. It features a durable blade too.
The blender is easy to clean with its removable parts and is also simple to maintain. The plastic sound shield is easily removable as there are no screws involved, making maintenance effortless. Both the container and lid can be washed in the dishwasher, or you can let them clean themselves by blending a drop of dish soap with warm water for 35 seconds.
- 48-ounce capacity
- Advanced dampening technology for noise reduction by 18 decibels
- Magnetically designed floating sound enclosure for easy removal and cleaning
- 6 program buttons and 34 optimum parameters for professional quality drinks
- The one-piece circuit board and keypad sealing for more reliability
- 3 horse-power motor for faster blending and more efficient operation
- 3-year warranty
Should You Get The Vitamix Blender That Starbucks Uses?
First off, the blender that Starbucks uses is one of the commercial blenders, not meant for domestic use. While Starbucks is a commercial enterprise, the Vitamix blender is perfect for them because it is made to withstand years of continuous commercial use. Unless you want to get one for your coffee shop, you’re better off without it.
Other reasons that you should not consider getting a Vitamix blender for home use are:
When you do a cost-benefit analysis, it doesn’t make sense to pay more for a blender when you can get other cheaper blenders that will do the job just as well. The Starbucks blenders cost a pretty penny – close to $2k. You can get some of the best blenders under $200. For domestic use, you don’t blend up hundreds of drinks every day and it will be hard for you to justify the high price tag of the Starbucks blender.
Although we have mentioned that the Vitamix blenders used in Starbucks are specially designed to reduce noise, there have been reports where users said there are blenders that make less noise. If you want to find one of these, the 10 best quiet blenders review may be up your alley.
Ease Of Operation
This blender has a lot of power, but at first, it might be too much for you to handle or know what to do with! This blender’s pre-programmed blends are designed to deliver consistent drinks. Those baristas at Starbucks just add the ingredients in the appropriate amounts, hit a button, and watch it blend! Unlike homemade blends, where you would want more control over the blending process, this is different. There will probably be a small learning curve to use this blender to its maximum ability.
Other Vitamix Blenders
There are other Vitamix blenders you can get for your home instead of a commercial blender. For starters, the Vitamix Professional Series 750 blender is priced much lower than the one Starbucks uses.
- 5 pre-programmed settings to heat, chop, blend, emulsify and grind
- 6-foot cord for ease of movement
- Variable speed control and Pulse function
- Kitchen-friendly design with a 64-ounce capacity
- Laser-cut hardened stainless steel blades for rough and tough ingredient handling
- High-speed, fast-action blades for heating colder ingredients fast
- Makes puree, frozen desserts, smoothies, and hot soup, nut butter, baby food recipes with its pre-programmed functions
- The Pulse function enables you to make chunky and thick vegetable soups and salsas
- Creating different textures with variable speeds and more control
- Perfect capacity for serving the whole family
- Low-profile design can be stored comfortably
- Quick 30- to 60-second self-cleaning that saves time
- Cold ingredients become hot within 6 minutes with friction heating
- It can be noisy
Instant Ace Plus Blender Review
Instant Ace Blender Plus review may make you change your mind about getting one of the blenders used at Starbucks. Because if you’re looking for instant pot blenders that cook and blend virtually everything, then the Instant Pot Ace Blender is all that you need. From nut milk, margaritas, dips, baby foods, and frozen treats to hot soups, the instant pot ace blender doubles up as a 24/7 chef.
- 25,000 RPM 10-speed powerful bender for tasty and healthy smoothies
- Fully customizable cooking temperature for more control
- Smart Program for cleaning jar and blades in under 60 seconds
- Crushed Ice Program for making professional-standard margaritas and blended beverages with crushed ice
- Instant pot blender for uniform cooking with a heating element and soup function
- 4 hot-blending programs and 4 cold-blending one-touch programs
- 54-ounce capacity
- Hot and cold functions for making both hot food and cold drinks
- More versatile as it allows you to make milkshakes, pizza dough, cake batter, puddings, and more
- Cooking hot soups doesn’t depend on blade friction but on the proper heating element for uniform cooking
- Keeps food warm automatically for 2 hours after making a hot blend
- Easy to use with a simple LED display and touchscreen interface for changing settings and monitoring the temperature of your meals.
- Accessories like a cleaning brush are included for a thorough cleaning, measuring cups for proper ingredient measurement, and for making nut milk like soy milk
- The bottom of the blade section of the instant pot ace blender cannot be removed and may lead to mold formation
- Cannot knead the dough
- Not dishwasher-safe
Ninja Mega Kitchen System
This is another alternative blender that you can use at home for convenience and quick meal prep. The extra large size pitcher, a food processor bowl, and the on-the-go Nutri Ninja Cups are specially designed to give high-performance blending, processing, and vitamin and nutrient extracting processes.
- 2 horse-power motor for fast and powerful blending
- A 72-ounce pitcher that crushes ice to snow in seconds
- Even chopping with an 8-cup food processor
- Four 16-ounce on-the-go Nutri Ninja cups with lids for carrying everywhere
- Dishwasher-safe and BPA-free plastic parts
- Makes 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds
- Powerful motor for fast and efficient blending and processing
- Extra large pitcher and food processor to make meal prep easier
- Maximum vitamin and nutrient extraction with Nutri Ninja cups
- Easy to clean
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System soup recipes are the only thing you can’t make in this blender as it doesn’t support blending hot ingredients as per the information shared on their website.
Ninja Foodi Blender Vs Instant Pot Blender
If you compare Ninja Foodi blender with the Instant Pot Blender, you will notice some similarities and differences. The Ninja Foodi Power Blender And Processor is a powerful blender using 1400 watts to crush ice and other ingredients very fast. The 3-in-1 product crushes, processes, and makes dough. You can make 1½ pounds of dough in just 45 seconds. With smartTorque technology, there is no need to stop, shake, or stir tough ingredients. The 72-ounce pitcher capacity helps make food and beverages for the whole family a matter of pressing buttons. 6 preset Auto-IQ programs to make a one-touch dough, smoothies, and chopping a breeze. The stacked blade design delivers superior chopping performance. Thanks to the variable speed control, you can have ingredients as smooth or as chunky as you want. Cleaning up this blender is simple as the attachments are dishwasher-safe and you also get a cleaning brush if you want to handwash the gadget. The Ninja Foodi blender can do all chopping, crushing, and kneading activities with ease.
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender is powered by a 1000-watt motor to quickly prepare soups, smoothies, nut butter, oat milk, soy milk, baby foods, and more and bring out all the nutrients for a healthy meal. Its hot blending feature is intuitive and keeps food warm for up to two hours. With the dough-kneading function, you can prepare bread, cakes, and pies at home. The 56-ounce blender takes only a minute to clean with its Smart cleaning program that removes almost all the food residue from the pitcher and the blades.
Although the Instant Pot Blender costs less than the Ninja Foodi Power blender, it offers both cold and hot functions and therefore, more versatility. The capacity of the pitcher is smaller, making it less suitable to prep meals for a family or to entertain a large group of people quickly. The Ninja Foodi blender is larger and more powerful and it saves time as there is no need to stall it. Although it offers fewer preset programs, it depends on what you want to use your blender most often for to choose one over the other.
Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot Blenders Comparison Table
|Ninja Foodi Blender||Instant Pot Blender|
|Amps||1400 watts||100 watts|
|Hot and Cold Functions||No||Yes|
|Customizable cooking temperature||No||Yes|
|Dough making function||Yes||Yes|
|Number of preset programs||6||12|
|Easy to clean||Yes||Yes|
How To Clean Cloudy Ninja Blender?
Mix water and baking soda to make a paste. It should be thin enough to spread but not too thin to adhere to the interior without dripping. The paste should be evenly coated inside. After letting it sit for about 20 minutes, scrub the container with a scrub pad. To remove all the baking soda, repeatedly rinse the paste.
How Many Amps Does A Blender Use?
A Vitamix blender uses 12 Amps while a Ninja professional blender uses 12.5 Amps.