So you’ve taken the first step and decided to quit smoking.
Maybe it was your New Year’s resolution for the year. Or maybe you just want to be a little bit healthier. Either way, it’s a big deal and a great idea.
But quitting smoking is easier said than done. You might be tempted to light a cigarette when you’re stressed, tired, bored, or in need of comfort and familiarity. And nicotine addiction is no joke─ you will feel terrible.
There are several things you can do to help the process of going cold turkey; using nicotine patches; using smokeless dips, and tobacco-free chews. And the cheapest method ever: we’ll tell you how to make Cowboy coffee chew.
Let’s get into this intriguing chewing tobacco alternative─ there’s a good deal to go through!
What is Tobacco Snuff?
Traditional snuff or dip is finely ground dried tobacco. Snuff comes in two forms, dried or moist. The dried stuff is inhaled through the nasal cavity.
Moist snuff, also known as chew, is placed between your lower cheek or lip and gum. The nicotine is therefore absorbed into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth.
This kind of chew is both harmful and addictive. While it can be helpful to people who don’t want to quit cold turkey, it may prevent you from eliminating nicotine from your life altogether. Store-bought snuff contains plenty of tobacco and nicotine, which can lead to cancers such as
- Nasal and Sinus Cancers
- Oral Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
Other health risks associated with snuff tins include greater chances of strokes, heart disease, pulmonary issues, high blood pressure, heart attacks, and cardiac diseases. Moist snuff can also cause halitosis, tooth decay, yellowing teeth, and gum infections.
Instead of something that is so obviously bad for you, Cowboy coffee chews are a safer, healthier, and more pleasant alternative. Better yet, why not make them yourself?
Cowboy Coffee Chew: A Quick Intro
Cowboy Coffee Chew is a good option for those looking to quit smoking or chewing tobacco. It has no tobacco or nicotine, which makes it much safer and healthier for you while making it even faster for you to get over the urge to smoke.
This non-tobacco alternative is a great option for regular chewing tobacco or snuff. As it contains coffee, it has the ability to stimulate you through the caffeine present.
This stimulating property acts as a substitute for the effects of nicotine. It also suppresses hunger and decreases appetite.
Cowboy coffee dip can be ordered online in bulk and you can easily get a month’s supply to handle your cravings for smoking. Cowboy coffee chew in stores is also a good option, although they might be a little more expensive.
Why is this product so popular? Well, cowboy coffee chew ingredients include things like coffee, honey, creamer, and sugar. As a result, it tastes a lot like a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Some people mix some of the coffee chew with a little smokeless tobacco dip during the earlier stage of nicotine withdrawal, as it makes the process easier.
Cowboy coffee chew reviews are full of praise as the product is effective, tastes great, and helps you get over the urge to smoke much more quickly. But if you feel like you need a giant supply of chews, repeatedly buying them can burn a hole through your wallet.
Instead, you can make them at home.
Cowboy Coffee Chew Recipe
Making cowboy coffee chews at home is a cost-effective and easy way to ensure you have an endless supply of tobacco-free chews at home. Homemade cowboy coffee chew recipes are fairly straightforward, and chances are, you already have all the stuff needed.
The best part? One or two of these chews will give you the caffeine rush of a cup of coffee, so you’ll be alert, awake, and ready to take on the world!
What You Need:
- A cup of quality coffee beans
- A good coffee grinder
- Honey or molasses (As Needed)
- A tablespoon of corn syrup
- Dairy or plant-based creamer (As needed)
- A drop or two of food-grade essential oil in wintergreen, peppermint, or spearmint (Optional)
- Parchment paper
- Large box or tin
- Before you start, line a large baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Cut out small lengths of parchment paper─ you’ll need these to wrap the individual chews in later.
- Grind your coffee beans to a reasonably fine consistency. You don’t want them to be too coarse or ultrafine either. Chewing coffee grounds should be the texture of fine sand, not powder.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground coffee, corn syrup, creamer, and honey or molasses. Start with a little bit of the sweetener and add more if needed later. You should aim for the typical chew texture.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flattening it out. Once it is level and flattened, cut the chew into bite-sized pieces and wrap them in the lengths of parchment paper.
- Lastly, store the wrapped chews in a large airtight container or tin.
It is best to heat the corn syrup gently, as it will warm the chew and make it easier to work with. Some users also suggest warming the individual chews in your pocket or between your hands before putting them in your mouth.
What Makes Cowboy Coffee Chews So Special?
This product is a safer and cleaner version of cowboy chewing tobacco. It has the same texture and will trick your brain into thinking it is getting a dose of nicotine. But besides that, homemade cowboy coffee chews have the following benefits:
- They contain less sugar
- They do not have artificial flavoring or preservatives
- The caffeine will keep you awake and alert
- They don’t contain any tobacco or nicotine
- You can add any flavor you want, like chocolate, cinnamon, or caramel
- They are very cheap to make
- The texture and flavoring are way better than regular snuff
Still Got Questions?
Here you will find answers to questions people tend to have about making cowboy coffee chew.
01. How Do I Store Cowboy Coffee Chews?
Cowboy coffee chews need to be stored in an airtight container and kept away from heat, light, and humidity.
02. How Much Caffeine is There in a Pinch of Chew?
As each small tin has 3 coffee cups worth of caffeine, a pinch contains enough caffeine to keep you awake for a bit.
03. Does Cowboy Coffee Chew Expire?
While people don’t really talk about their chew expiring, they do tend to become drier over time, until you can’t exactly use them anymore.
04. Can I Mix My Coffee Chew with Tobacco Snuff?
Yes, cutting a little snuff with a pinch of coffee chew is a good way to reduce your intake of tobacco and decrease your nicotine dependence.
05. What are Other Cowboy Chew Flavors?
You can buy Cowboy Chew in flavors like BBQ, sweet hickory, and steak. When made at home, you can add any flavoring you want, so the possibilities are endless.
In a Nutshell
Quitting smoke is a journey and there will be leaps of progress and days full of setbacks. Coping with nicotine dependence is rough and you are encouraged to use whatever it takes to get through the first couple of days.
While nicotine patches help, we suggest shying away from snuff boxes and chewing tobacco. Instead, use smokeless tobacco alternatives like coffee chews.
Once you know how to make cowboy coffee chews, you have a fun project and can make large batches of these that last for ages. You can experiment with fun flavor combos, skip your morning coffee for a chew, and rest easy knowing that your tobacco alternative is safe and healthy.