Flat top grills have enriched the culinary arts since forever. Since ancient times when these flat cooking platforms were crafted of clay, versatile cooking techniques such as sauteing, simmering, shallow frying, and grilling evolved hand in hand with them.
Times have changed, so have our grills!
Look at these kitchen appliances now! With cutting edge technology and massive heating power, flat-top grills are available at so many different shapes, sizes, and price tags.
Here, in one of the most detailed flat top grill reviews, our job is to list the best flat top grill among the finest of the lot, so that you don’t need to drain your time and energy web-storming.
Choose to your heart’s content and simply start cooking. It’s as simple as that.
What is a Best Flat Top Grill?
Flat top grills are neither the conventional grill nor are they griddles. They lie somewhere in between.
A grill is a cooking stove that consists of a metal plate with ridges of metal bars on it. Flat top grills don’t come with metal ridges. Instead, they come with a flat metal plate that acts as a cooking surface.
They resemble griddles. However, the major difference between a basic griddle and a flat top grill lies in the heating system.
Griddles use different fuels to heat up the metal plates. In a flat top grill, however, the heating element is more sophisticated, so that heat spreads radially over the flat surface.
This ensures even distribution of heat over the cooking surface so that you can create some delicious, properly cooked magic meals.
The best flat top grill, therefore, is one that never compromises with the heating system.
Features like the size, number of burners, and type ( cart or tabletop ) may vary according to our preferences.
On the other hand, efficient temperature control, durable construction, portability, intelligent design with an absence of design flaws are some core deciding features of the best flat top grills.
Top 10 Awesome Flat Top Grills of 2020
Most of these are versatile multitaskers and are much more than the textbook definition of flat top grills. These are kings of convenience and offer features you won’t be able to deny.
01. Blackstone 1554 Station – Professional 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle -Best Overall
- Easy assembly, and quick ignition button
- Griddle top is easily removable. Rolled Carbon 7-Gauge Steel Griddle Top
- Four independently controlled burners with low to high temperature settings provide versatile cooking options
- Four industrial strength, caster wheels (two are lockable)
- Solid stainless Steel burners for long life, and thick Rolled Steel surface for excellent heat retention and distribution
This propane flat top grill by Blackstone is a powerhouse. It is large, comes with 4 independent burners, and is basically designed for professional use. However, this industrial flat top grill could also be the heart of your home cooking.
The frame and the burners are made of stainless steel, with the frames being powder coated. The cooking surface is made of rolling steel, which means that heat will be evenly distributed throughout. Overall, the unit is durable and meant for a long term commitment.
In order to get it started, you won’t have to spend any time or energy. An additional AA battery kick starts the unit on the push of a button.
The cooking area is a commendable 720 square inches. Ergo, you won’t have to worry about the cooking space. This is divided into 4 heat zones, each of which comes with separate temperature control. This makes this Blackstone flat top grill an efficient multitasker.
Multitasking isn’t the only strong suit of this 2-in-1 griddle and flat-top grill, though. The combined heat generated by the burners is an immense 60,000 BTU. This itself speaks loud and clear that Blackstone 1554 means some serious business.
If you are an amateur home cook, please don’t let yourself get scared away by this giant. This one is quite home friendly.
Blackstone 1554 is easy to assemble and work with. There is a handy side table where you can do the prep work. In addition, there is a bottom storage shelf for all your ingredients. The 20 lb propane fuel tank slides right under the unit.
The aesthetics of this flat top grill is top-notch. Rest assured it will adorn your backyard parties.
Taking this Blackstone camping is as easy as it can get. This device is foldable. The lockable wheels add to its portability wherever you go. The foldable feature also means that it takes minimal storage space.
This device comes with a 90-day warranty. Some users feel that this is rather short for a machine that comes with a price tag like this one.
However, most user reviews agree that the 1554 model by Blackstone is a great value for money. This is one of the highest reviewed and praised flat-top grills on Amazon.
- Easy to assemble
- Removable flat top griddle
- Ignition with the push of a button saves time and energy
- 4 independent burners with separate temperature control allow versatile cooking
- Highly portable with lockable, industrial-grade caster wheels and foldable legs
- Grease may sometime miss the draining cup and trickle down the griddle legs
Verdict on Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill:
The Blackstone 1554 is an industrial-grade flat top grill that works great for restaurants and businesses but is equally suitable for homes, camping trips, and parties.
This is powerful, versatile, durable, and user friendly. Ergo, the Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Gas Grill is our pick of the day.
02. Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station- Smaller Version of the Overall Best
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes, teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; This grill includes an easy start, battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels
- DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY - This Blackstone Grill is built to last with a powder coated black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop. Super simple to clean, making post-meal cleanup a breeze
- CONTROLLABLE HEAT ZONES - Two independently controlled 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners make a total of 30,000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with an accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf
If you are interested in what Blackstone 36 inches Outdoor Flat Top Grill has to offer, and the only thing keeping you from it is that you are looking for a smaller system, this 28 inches flat top grill is your solution.
Basically it has all the features that our top pick has, just on a smaller scale. Instead of four burners, you get two, these are H shaped stainless steel constructs. The heat generated is 30,000 BTUs. this is exactly half of what its big brother produces.
The cooking surface is 470 square inches, good enough for a small to medium headcount. There is a relatively spacious workspace and an additional storage shelf.
- A smaller version of our top pick
- 2 H style burners
- 30,000 BTU of heating power
- Push-button ignition
- The flat top is placed a bit high above the flame.
Verdict on Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station:
This one is basically the mini-me of our pick of the day so that you can enjoy all its features without having to accommodate a beast and at a more agreeable price point. That’s a sweet deal.
03. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill – Functionality Coupled with Aesthetics
No products found.
The Cuisineart Chef’s Style CGG 306, is lightweight but large.
Made of high-grade steel, this unit comes with a stainless cooking grate, two burners, a large pull-out grease tray, and a secure locking lid.
The cooking space is 276 square inches, sufficient for catering to at least four people. The two burners, combined, are capable of producing 20,000 BTU of heat. The ignition is twist start.
The grease tray is impressively efficient. It never misses catching a single drop of grease. So, you won’t have to bother about grease run-off.
There is a secure locking lid. But, many users find it a bit shallow. Therefore, grilling something thick, such as a whole chicken could prove challenging. This is the only thing about this unit that made us raise our eyebrows.
On a brighter note, this stainless steel flat top grill comes with some pleasant surprises as well.
Firstly, there is an accurate built-in thermometer. Now, this is something, most tabletop flat-tops don’t come with. This gives you control over the heat generated by your Cuisineart CGG-306.
In the second place, it is built with functionality in mind. Place it on a CFGS-150 stand and it changes from a tabletop to a self-sustaining compact system.
Also, it comes with a 42’’ hose with which you can connect this flat top grill to a propane tank.
Another noteworthy feature of Cuisineart CGG-306 is how it looks. This stainless steel unit is simply striking. It is bound to turn some heads in your backyard.
It is pretty convenient as well. Setting it up does not require that many tools. The unit has a small footprint. Furthermore, a lightweight feature and foldable legs, makes it really easy to store it and carry it anywhere.
There is an added incentive. You get a 3-year warranty.
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- Has a secure locking lid
- Large but lightweight
- The pull-out grease tray doesn’t miss a single drop of grease
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Foldable legs
- Compatible with CFGS-150 stand
- 3-year warranty
- Dome of the lid is shallow
- Needs preheating for 5-7 minutes
Verdict on Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
Compact, good looking, functional. If you are looking for something to help you entertain your family or a small group of friends, look here.
The Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill is made for you.
04. Blackstone Tabletop Grill – 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle – Best Gas Grill for the Money
- PERFECT SIZE - With 330 sq. inches cooking surface, this portable grill makes it easy to cook a quick, full meal wherever you are without the hassle of setting up a full sized grill
- ADJUSTABLE HEAT ZONES - Two independently controlled H burners makes for a versatile cooking surface where you can cook several foods at once and not burn a thing! Also allowing the option to keep certain foods warm while others cook.
- REAR GREASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - Built in grease channel and catch draws grease away from your food. Allows for easy clean up at then end of each use
- PORTABLE - Super convenient portable griddle for tailgaters, parties, backyard barbeques and camping
- GRIDDLE COOKING - Allows you to cook without the worry of flare ups or flavor loss from leaked juices, and helps keep meats tender
This outdoor flat top grill by Blackstone is a perfect camping cook gear. This is a compact unit that you can take anywhere. Be it camping, fishing, or tailgating. If you aren’t too outdoorsy even, this flat top gas grill promises to be your backyard cooking companion.
Made of sturdy stainless steel, this is a 22’’ gas tabletop that boasts two burners capable of generating 24,000 BTU heating power. These heavy-duty burners are H-style, meaning they heat up fast. Blackstone Tabletop uses the Piezo ignition to come to life.
No matter how compact, this propane-powered flat top gas grill offers a generous 330 square inches of cooking surface. So, you won’t have to get all gloom and doom on days when you expect a large party.
An in-built grease catcher efficiently drains the grease and paves way for a smooth and easy cleaning experience afterward.
After scraping the grease into the collecting tray you can just wipe it with a paper towel, and your Blackstone tabletop will be clean.
The price point is something you are bound to like. For a tabletop of this caliber, this is a rather cheap flat top grill.
- Compact portable flat top grill
- Easy to clean and maintain
- It is a small flat top grill
Verdict on Blackstone Tabletop Grill – 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle:
Easy to cook, easy to clean, easy to carry around. The tabletop by Blackstone is the epitome of convenience. Furthermore, it is more than reasonably priced.
If you are not looking for a large machine on wheels, this 22-inch portable gas griddle grill is for you.
05. CUISINART CGG-888 Outdoor Flat Top Gas, 360° Griddle Cooking Center – The Best Mini Flat Top Grill Cart
- HEAT CONTROL: Two independently controlled burners provide a total of 30, 000 BTUs and allow you to control hot and cool zones on your griddle surface.
- GREASE MANAGEMENT: The over-sized 360 degree grease pan naturally funnels grease to the grease cup for easy clean up.
- COOKING VERSATILITY: The stainless steel lid with vent allows you to roast, steam, bake or smoke.
- PREP SPACE: The folding prep table comes equipped with a paper towel holder underneath.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Assembles in 30 minutes or less!
If your heart yearns for a great flat top grill cart with minimal footprint, Cuisinart CGG-888 could be a great match.
It is unique in its shape. While most flat top grills offer a rectangular cooking surface, Cuisinart introduces in this model, one round heating area made of cold-rolled steel.
It is a 22’’ circle providing 380 square inches of a flat top. It divides into two heat zones so that you can enjoy consistent and versatile cooking.
The two industrial burners produce a total of 30,000 BTUs worth of heat. The stainless steel lid is vented. Ergo, roasting, steaming, baking, or smoking, no matter what you have in mind, it will be carried out with finesse.
A 360-degree grease pan surrounds the cooking area and funnels grease into a removable cup. Issues with grease run-off are rare to nill.
The CGG-888 is great for compact spaces. There are two preparation tables and both are foldable. Therefore, accommodating this unit is never going to be a problem.
The caster wheels ensure great portability. Since these are lockable, you can dock it at your chosen spot, this unit won’t budge.
There are a couple of extra features that will please you. For instance, there is a hanger for hanging a paper towel.
Overall, assembly, cleaning, and maintenance, all are easy. The price point is reasonable.
- A convenient round cooking surface
- Two separate heat zones
- A compact system with a smaller footprint
- Folding preparation table
- Has a 360-degree grease pan
- Lockable caster wheels
- Reasonably priced
- Not intended for a large group of people
Verdict on CUISINART CGG-888 Outdoor Flat Top Gas, 360° Griddle Cooking Center
Compact, intelligently built, portable, and versatile at an affordable price. Residential flat top grills cannot come with a sweeter deal.
The CGG-888 Cooking Center by Cuisinart is a winner. We pronounce it, the best mini flat top grill cart.
06. Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle – The Best Compact Flat Top Grill Cart
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: 22.4" L x 21.7" W, 486 square inches cooking area in total. Enhanced glossy ceramic-coated griddle top heat up quickly.
- POWERFUL HEATING SYSTEM: 2 independently controlled stainless steel tube burners with 13,000 BTUs each, 26,000 BTUs cooking power in total.
- QUICK START-UP: Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every simple push.
- NO FUSSY CLEANUP: Efficient grease management system facilitates easy and effortless cleanup.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: Wheel around your griddle freely thanks to its 2 large caster wheels with brake system.
Space an issue? Need a functional yet compact flat top grill?
Consider the Regal GB2000 by Royal Gourmet. It is slim and compact.
The two independent gas tube burners generate 26,000 BTUs over 434 square inches of cooking surface.
This ceramic coated griddle top comes pre-seasoned, so you can ignite it with the push of a button and start grilling from the word go.
The hanging bar design of this unit provides enough hooks to keep your grilling accessories.
There is a side table for prep work and two heavy-duty caster wheels. Grease runs into a large capacity collection tray.
The unit is overall a good one, but there have been reports by customers that they found it dented when it arrived.
- Extremely compact but provides a large enough cooking surface
- 2 large caster wheels with breaks
- Easy storage
- Hanging bar design with hooks for your essentials
- There have been reports of delivery of dented units
Verdict on Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle:
A supreme quality flat top grill, the GB2000 is ideal for small homes and compact settings.
07. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill – The Best Grill and Griddle Combo
- Includes huge interchangeable flat top griddle 20.5" x 31"
- Griddle surface: 604 sq. in - Grilling surface: 501 sq. in
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners with Matchless Ignition
- Two large folding shelves
- Overall Unit Dimensions: 62.5" 37" x 22" Weight: 142 lbs.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill reviews on Amazon are awesome. One user states, “The One Flat Top To Rule Them All…” And we pretty much agree.
This outdoor kitchen flat top grill is a grill and a griddle.
You get to taste the best of both worlds, just not at the same time. The cooking surfaces are interchangeable. The grilling area measures 501 square inches while the flat top griddle measures a whopping 604 square inches.
There are four separately controllable stainless steel burners, and they produce 48,000 BTUs together.
The shelves for prep work are large. This does not make the unit disproportionate though. As they are foldable, the unit remains compact.
The body is corrosion resistant. There are two caster wheels. And the other heavy-duty legs come with adjustable leg levelers that allow this unit great stability no matter where it stands. So, one fine morning, if you decide to take your cooking to the cliff of a mountain, your Camp Chef flat top grill will manage fine.
The only downside that we felt is that this unit is pretty heavy. Also, the griddle sides tend to heat up sometimes.
- 2-in-1 barred grill and flat top grill
- Intelligently designed
- 4 powerful independent burners
- Generous cooking surface
- 2 foldable shelves for prep work
- 2 additional storage shelves
- The sides tend to heat up
Verdict on Camp Chef Flat Top Grill:
Camp Chef flat top grill brings you the best of both worlds. Interestingly, this unit is also one of the best for both the worlds- home and restaurant, equally.
This giant powerhouse is a bit on the heavier side of the weight scale, but the intelligent design makes it easy accommodatable.
This is the best grill griddle combo out in the market.
08. Royal Gourmet GD401C Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo – King of Convenience
- Combo Design: Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones, each has 292 sq. inches for cooking, totaling 584 sq. inches of cooking space, over 4 burners with an output of 48,000 BTUs.
- Portable: Easy to assemble within 15 minutes. With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy-moving, it is ideal for cookouts.
- Automatic Ignition System: Automatic ignition system delivers fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel.
- No Fussy Cleanup: Removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup.
- Ample Preparation Spact: Two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation. Lower bar design keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach.
This is another great grill-griddle combo that we highly recommend. The advantage of Royal Gourmet GD401C over Camp Chef Flat Top Grill is its lightweight construction.
Moreover, the foldable frame and caster wheels make this unit highly portable. No wonder this is a great camping flat top grill.
Since this is a 2-in-1, it is needless to say that this Royal Gourmet is a versatile chef. You get 584 square inches of cooking space, large enough to entertain a generous gathering. On top of that, you can customize it to four different cooking zones.
The four independent stainless steel burners boast a power pf 12,000 BTUs each. This means this flat top can generate 48,000 BTUs at a time. The unit is propane powered while the ignition is powered electrically.
This flat top bbq grill is full of little features that invariably prove handy. There are metal side shelves that act as workspaces. Also, you get tool hooks and a bottle opener.
There are built-in grease channels that drain into a removable drip pan, which is great. Although, the catch is, the grease trap is small, so there may be occasions of overflow.
- Lightweight, portable yet heavy-duty
- Packed with convenient features
- Dual cooking surface- grill and flat top
- 4 different cooking zones
- Fast electric ignition
- Folding frame and caster wheels ensure easy storage
- The grease trap is small
Verdict on Royal Gourmet GD401C Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle:
Convenient and powerful, the GD401C by Royal Gourmet is a worthy home flat top grill that you can take along when you hike off. If your backyard is your favorite space, cook with this amazing unit while you stargaze. This comfortable cooking station will not disappoint.
09. Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles – Budget Boss
- Premium nonstick surface provides stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Slide-out drip tray removes and cleans easily.
- Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically. Heavy cast aluminum base is virtually warp-proof.
- Griddle is fully immersible with the heat control removed.
- Simply open latch clips to detach handles from griddle base. No tools needed.
- With handles removed, base stores in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets.Cooking area: 231 square inch
A small electric flat top grill has its own perks. Use it indoors and outdoors alike. Carry it everywhere without a hassle and start cooking anywhere as long as that place has a power outlet.
Keeping these aside, probably the greatest thing about machines like these is that they come with an extremely pleasant price tag.
However, cheap options are not always durable. And a purchase that doesn’t last is probably not what you are looking for.
If this is the case, then our budget boss, Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle is set to save your day.
It is slim, lightweight, functional, and fun. The cooking surface, which measures 18 square inches, is made of premium non-stick materials. This comes with two benefits.
Uno, it requires very little oil.
Dos, it requires very little maintenance.
Storage, cleaning, and maintenance is simple. Remove the temperature control and your griddle is immersible. Detach the handles, and it slips right inside a cabinet with ease.
- Lightweight and portable
- Detachable handles make the unit more compact
- The non-stick surface requires minimum cooking oil
- It is a small unit, so don’t expect to entertain a party with only this
Verdict on Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles:
If you are looking for a simple and functional countertop flat top griddle on a budget, this flat top grill for home is highly recommended.
10. Royal Gourmet GB8000 8-Burner Liquid Propane Event Gas Grill – Most Heavy Duty Flat Top Grill
- 8 stainless steel tube burners with 13,000 BTU each, total 104,000 BTU cooking power; supporting gas system includes 2 sets of regulators for stable, even flame
- 950 sq. in. cooking surface with 1/4" diameter porcelain wire cooking grates, grill more than 60 burgers or 120 hot dogs at once; Feature integrated folding windscreen to protect grilling
- Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark with every push; 2 large capacity grease cups underneath firebox help grilling last long, draw-out oil catch pan for easy cleaning
- 2 folding side tables offer additional prep and work space; 2 levels of heavy duty shelves provide sufficient storage space; 4" lockable caster wheels for easy moving
- Ideal for big events in Company, Church, School, Restaurant, or other commercial use (LP tanks are not included)
The GB8000 is our favorite restaurant flat top grill. It is a behemoth of a cooking machine.
The tube burners of this gas grill are eight in number. Their combined capacity is 104,000 BTUs. Ignition is powered by electricity.
The 950 square inches worth of cooking surface made of porcelain-coated steel is flanked by a side table on either side. You can do all the prep work there and fold them up when you are not working.
A foldable windscreen protects food from the wind while you grill to your heart’s content. Two large capacity grease cups and draw-out grease drip pans funnel grease with efficiency.
In addition, there are little convenient features throughout the unit. For instance, you can find hooks for LP tanks and bottom shelves for storage of your grilling essentials.
- 8 stainless steel burners generate a freaking 104,000 BTUs
- Large cooking area
- Basically, everything is large-capacity
- Has a large footprint
Verdict on Royal Gourmet GB8000 Gas Grill:
Even though we think it is a fantastic unit for commercial settings, that doesn’t mean you cannot purchase it for personal use.
It is relatively lightweight for its size and capacity. With industrial-grade caster wheels, it offers great portability. Therefore, use it as your backyard kitchen or take it tailgating, it won’t cause any trouble.
What to Look for in the Best Flat Top Grill
While making the final decision of which flat top grill to bring home, sort your priorities. Ask yourself how your ideal cooking companion should look like and what features it should possess. Here is the checklist that we recommend.
Size and Power:
Small or compact units are usually more kind to your pocket. They consume less space and saves you from the hassle of storage.
A small unit does not necessarily cook an insufficient amount of food. A compact flat top cooking system such as the CUISINART CGG-888 with 30,000 BTUs of power is often good enough for an entire family or a small gathering. Smaller units such as the Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle are good for two.
However, if you mean to use the unit for your business or simply for entertaining generous parties, go for a larger and more powerful flat top grill for sale like the Blackstone 1554 Station – Professional 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle.
The Fuel Type:
In order to ensure maximum portability and effortless use outdoors, most flat top grill carts are propane powered. If this is precisely what you want from your ideal flat top grill, choose units that run on gas.
Most models on our listicle are propane-powered such as the Camp Chef Flat Top Grill. Although, you should bear in mind that you have to buy the propane separately.
Electric flat top grills, on the other hand, are useless in places that do not have a power outlet. If your grilling is intended for indoors or simply your patio then this type of grill is great for you.
These are small and lightweight, so you can take it anywhere as long as there is a power outlet. Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle is a great choice.
Number of Burners:
Flat top grills that have two burners are generally medium to small. While two burners are sufficient to generate enough heat to cook anything, the issue lies in the fact that they do not offer separate cooking zones.
Cuisinart CGG-888 is a pleasant exception. This one has only two burners but offers two separate heating zones anyway.
Units that have four burners in place provide separate cooking zones and lets you cook different things at a time. Blackstone 1554 Station – Professional 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle is one such versatile stove.
The Thickness of the Cooking Plate:
The cooking plate of the best flat top grill should be thick enough. This ensures even distribution of heat throughout the cooking area. Hence, your pancakes are uniformly baked and beef properly seared.
The material may be cast iron or stainless steel, or anything else for that matter. Make sure that it is thick enough. All the great cooking machines that made our top list fulfill this requirement.
Ease of Cleaning:
Flat top grills are always easier to clean than regular grills with bars. Even then, trouble-free cleaning varies from one stove to the other.
The most important thing you need to look for is an efficient grease management system.
If the grease generated from cooking is channeled and funneled efficiently, cleaning the unit after use becomes a piece of cake.
Blackstone Tabletop Grill – 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle and Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill are a couple of flat tops with a neat grease drainage system.
Even then, no matter how easy maintenance your flat-top is, it isn’t going to clean itself. Using a superb grill scraper always helps. We use Easy Function Grill Scraper. It’s super convenient and we like the fact that it is wooden.
Common Queries about Flat Top Grills and Their Solution
What can I cook on a flat top grill?
Anything and everything.
From baking pancakes to sauteeing veggies and searing BBQs, you can do anything with a flat top grill. This variety of grilling machines is more versatile than its counterpart- conventional grills ( with bars ).
Is cooking with flat top grills healthy?
Flat top grills cook your food keeping the moisture content of the food intact. This allows you to cook with minimum cooking oil. This way, the cooked meals are not only juicier and tastier, but healthier as well.
Which is better, stainless steel or cast iron grill?
Both cast iron flat top grills and stainless steel grills have their own sets of pros and cons.
Cast iron retains heat for a longer period of time. However, it is prone to corrosion.
Units that come with cast iron cooking surfaces are usually protected with a coating. Even then corrosion can take place over time. These also require more effort in maintenance.
Stainless steel tops don’t get as hot as cast iron. The upside is, units made of stainless steel cooking plates are more durable and easier to clean and maintain. They darken over time, but this does not hamper the taste of food.
Which oil is best for flat top grills?
The best cooking oil for use over flat top grills Avocado oil.
Avocado oil is popular for its high smoke point. This means that it is great for high heat cooking. Just make sure that the brand that you choose provides high-grade avocado oil and not an unbalanced vegetable oil blend.
The non-GMO Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil is a great brand for your flat top.
Extra virgin olive oil and canola oil are also fitting options.
Olive oil adds a unique flavor to your cooking while canola oil is neutral and won’t meddle with your recipe. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a fine option if you go for the former while Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil is a superior brand if you choose the latter.
Can I use pots and pans on a flat top grill?
Try not to. Even if you do, be cautious. Pans tend to leave scratches on your cooking surface and do some damage to the unit permanently.
The Last Sizzle
Like we mentioned in the beginning, the days of flat cooking platforms crafted with clay are over. There are innumerable options in numerous forms out there to choose from.
A wrong move could cause a lot of frustration and name-calling and may make you end up wondering if it would have been better if you made something with clay instead.
The trick here is to choose wisely. And we have poured out all our wisdom into this article, one of the best flat top grill reviews on the internet today.
Hope this has landed you with your ideal flat top grill and you keep sizzling with it for a long long long time.
More Related Product Review: