There was a time in history when we hung around caves like the Flintstones. There will be a time in the future when we would zoom across galaxies like the Jetsons. And of course, there is this present, sandwiched between the two.
The only constant that we humans seem to be carrying with us through time immemorial, is cooking. More precisely, cooking over stoves.
Our cooktops and ranges are the only things that don’t really get the share of the praise that our culinary arts bring to us. But deep down, all of us know this for a fact that without the comfort of a decent cooktop, the daily chore of crafting good food is bound to get tedious.
So, cheers to great cooking and the great ranges we cook them on! Without further ado, here are the best 36 inch gas ranges that await us in 2020.
5 Best 36 inch Gas Range Comparison Chart
|Image||Name and Features||Price|
Top 5 Best 36 inch Gas Range Reviews
Gas cooking ranges offer quick and precise control over cooking temperature. They are, therefore, more popular than other fuel options.
The top-rated 36 inch gas ranges that we chose in this listicle, offer more than mere control though. They are powerful, versatile, and convenient. On top of that, all of them are built to add stylish air to your kitchen.
01. Empava 36 in. Pro-Style Professional Slide-in Natural Gas Rangetop – Best Overall & The Best Commercial Range For Home Use
- Designed and engineered in USA with 2 years US based manufacture , doubles the usual industry for an exceptional quality Empava gas range top. Compatible to install above any Empava 24/30 in. Under-counter single wall oven.
- The commercial grade gas range offers the reasonable solid cast iron grill layout makes sure there's enough space between burners to use several pots at once without pushing one off-center. Capable for multi-purpose such as RVs, light cooking family, small kitchen and outdoor use, etc.
- The deep recessed gas range top with automatic reignition ensures a continuous flame and reignites automatically if accidentally extinguished. The zinc alloy control knobs with a blue LED lights that allows you to see if the cooktop is turn on from a distance.
- The heavy-duty one-piece range top allows for an easy to clean surface - no crevices that can hold residue. Stain and heat discoloration resistant stainless-steel surface will provide you with a reliable cooktop for years to come.
- The black porcelain drip pan and the heavy-duty continuous cast iron cooking grates can be cleaned in the dishwasher for hassle-free, effortless cleaning and maintenance to enhance the premium look.
If you want to invest in a proficient range for your kitchen, check this Empava product out.
Empava stoves are designed and engineered in the USA and like all Empava units, this range offers 2-year parts and labor warranty.
The heavy-duty cast iron grill layout is spacious enough to let you use all the burners simultaneously without your utensils competing for space.
This deep-recessed gas range top offers 6 burners.
There are two burners worth 18,000 BTUs and three burners worth 12,000 BTUs. The sixth is a dual ring burner that produces 15,000 BTUs for high-temperature cooking and 650 BTUs for a gentle simmer.
This commercial-grade gas range features automatic reignition, that reignites a burner if it is accidentally extinguished.
The overall stainless steel unit is sleek and stylish and boasts metallic knobs with blue LED lights on them. The light indicates that the burner is active.
This one-piece range top is undemanding when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. A dedicated porcelain drip pan collects runoff grease. There are no crevices on this unit to trap dirt and residue.
The stainless steel body and cast iron grates are discoloration resistant and can be wiped clean. Moreover, many parts of this unit are dishwasher safe.
Dimensions: 36 in. W x 28. 38 in. D x 8. 72 in. H.
- Solid, commercial-grade gas range
- 6 powerful burners
- Automatic reignition
- Zinc alloy control knobs are durable and stylish
- LED lights on the knobs let you know from afar that the burner is active.
- Porcelain drip pan
- LPG conversion kit not included
Verdict on Empava 36 in. Pro-Style Professional Slide-in Natural Gas Rangetop:
This amazing gas range top is truly a pro.
With intelligent design and amazing power, the Empava Pro-Style Professional Slide-in NG is everything a commercial gas range should be. Moreover, with convenient features and ease of maintenance, it is equally suitable for homes.
This range top is the overall best and ergo, our pick of the day!
02. SDADI Kitchen Gas Cooktop 36″ Stainless Steel Range Top – Best 36 inch Gas Range for the Money
- CONFIGURATION:The gas cooktop with 6 burner: 2 single burner x 18,000BTUs, 1 dual burner x 15,000BTUs offer simmer function as low as 650BTU, 3 single burner x 12,000BTU
- MATERIAL: Stainless steel drip pan make it easy to clean, 3 heavy duty flat cast-iron cooking grates allow you to slide your pots and pans around without lifting them, LP convertible
- Adjustable feet for easy leveling 6 x high quality control knobs. Fuel :NG & LPG convertible
- Product Dimension: 35.8''W x 27.16"D x 8.66''H Required cutout size (W x H x D) 36 1/2 inches x 7 3/8 inches – 7 7/8 inches x 24 inches. Electrical Requirements: 120V/60Hz. Same as Thor Kitchen HRT3618U
- CSA certificate/ 2 years parts & labor guarantee
“Great value” is what SDADI 36 inch gas range reviews keep on chiming about this product. This is a stainless steel unit with heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates.
It comes with standard features such as CSA certification, LP convertibility, and 2 years parts and labor warranty. However, what caught our attention is the pro-style design.
This kitchen cooktop is built for convenience. Firstly, it is lightweight. This is not going to come handy every day, but you sure are going to like it during the installation.
In the second place, this unit comes with a stainless steel drip pan. Ergo, cleaning your cooktop is as easy as it can get.
Cooking on this is fun too. You can slide your pots and pans over the cast iron cooking grates without lifting them an inch.
This is a multifaceted 6 burner stove. Two of these flat cast iron burners produce 18,000 BTUs each, while another burner produces 15,000 BTUs. The remaining three have a capacity of 12,000 BTUs each.
This doesn’t end here. The dual ring burner has a simmer function with which you can do the gentle cooking over a flame of 650 BTUs.
Overall, this stainless steel cooktop range looks and feels good, but we won’t rank it the best in terms of aesthetics.
Type: Range top
Dimensions: 39.6 x 30.7 x 13.4 inches
- CSA Certified
- LP Convertible
- Ensures easy cleaning with a stainless steel drip pan
- 2 years parts and labor guarantee
- There has been a couple of reports of missing parts
Verdict on SDADI Kitchen Gas Cooktop 36″ Stainless Steel Range Top:
With this much power, the price of this unit is unbeatable by any other contender. We, therefore, name it, the best 36 inch gas range for the money.
03. Frigidaire 36 Gas Cooktop – Easy Maintenance
- Continuous Grates Move heavy pots & pans without lifting with continuous light cast iron grates
- Sealed Gas Burners Enjoy easier cleanup and a burner that stays looking great.
- Low Simmer Burner Perfect for delicate foods and sauces.
- Depth: 21-3/4" Height: 4-1/4" Width: 36"
This brushed silver 5-burner unit comes with continuous corner to corner grates. Slide your utensils from one burner to the next without lifting a pan!
There are five heating elements. The center burner generates 18,000 BTUs worth of heat. A pair of twin burners are capable of producing 9,500 BTUs each. The remaining have a capacity of 12,000 and 9,000 BTUs. The power burner facilitates faster boiling time.
This 36-inch gas cooktop by Frigidaire is a champion when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. The cooktop itself is spill safe. The cast-iron grates are dishwasher proof. The gas burners are sealed.
This seamless recessed burner can be installed single-handedly under 30 minutes. According to one user on Amazon, the installation is as simple as “plug and play me”!
One small snag of this 36-inch gas stove is the built. It seems cheaply made and the look doesn’t assure you of its durability.
Dimensions: 21.75 x 36 x 4.25 inches
- Spill safe unit with sealed gas burners for trouble-free cleaning
- Easy installation
- Dishwasher safe cast iron grates
- Includes an LP conversion kit.
- Seems cheaply built
- Not CSA certified
Verdict on Frigidaire 36 Gas Cooktop:
This unit cooks great, cleans great, but comes with certain stumbling blocks as well. Overall it is one of the top contenders in the world of stovetops that you can give a try.
04. CookRite ATO-6B Commercial Manual Natural Gas Range -Best 36 inch Professional Gas Range
The Cookrite Ato 6-B is another name of heavy-duty cooking. It is a 6-burner gas oven range with a stainless steel exterior.
This flame safe unit has burners boasting humungous power. The top burners are capable of producing 25,000 BTUs each while the oven burners produce another 27,000 BTUs.
Regulate the oven temperature from between 175 degrees F to 550 degrees F to make your baking experience feisty and no-fuss.
This unit isn’t only meant for some serious work only. It is designed to make your life easier.
This will fit into any kitchen, and the timeless stainless steel look will complement any decor. On top of that, the legs are height adjustable to match the preferred height of its chef.
Drip trays under each burner and enamel interior of the oven make it fairly easy to clean this kitchen range.
Type: Gas Range
Dimensions: 36 x 31 x 56 inches ; 406 pounds
- Heavy-duty built
- Cast iron removable top grates
- Height adjustable
- Drip tray under each burner catches runoff grease
- Enamel interior oven for easy cleaning
- Flame Failure system enabled
- Not for homes that don’t do heavy-duty cooking
Verdict on CookRite ATO-6B Commercial Manual Natural Gas Range:
The ATO-6B is a commercial gas range in the true sense of the word. Nonetheless, ease of use and maintenance makes it perfect for any home that dotes on cooking.
Overall this is one of the best professional gas ranges available for purchase currently.
05. Empava EMPV-36GC5L90I 5 Italy Sabaf Burners Gas Stove Top Cooktop – Best 36 inch Dual Fuel Gas Range
- Designed and Engineered in USA with 2 Years US Based Manufacture Warranty, DOUBLES the usual industry warranty for an exceptional quality Empava stove top.
- LPG/NG Convertible (Both Nozzles Included) delivers the same maximum BTU power to propane and natural gas cooktops – Works manually w/o electricity. Capable for multi-purpose such as RVs, light cooking family, small kitchen, mobile home and outdoor use, etc. Compatible to install above any Empava 24/30 in. under-counter single wall oven.
- The 5 World Class Made in Italy SABAF burner gas cooktops by Empava features one of the latest flame failure thermocouples auto shut off protection technology that prevents gas leak to keep your home and family safe.
- Enjoy minimal cleanup with sealed burners to prevent food from falling into them. Stain and heat discoloration resistant tempered glass surface will provide you with a reliable cooktop for years to come.
- The durable knobs and laser cut full-width edge-to-edge heavy cast iron grates can be cleaned in the dishwasher for hassle-free, effortless cleaning and maintenance to enhance the premium look.
This US manufactured unit is well known for its intuitive Thermocouple Flameout Failure technology that prevents fire hazards.
In addition, it brings you some pretty great features.
It is a dual fuel unit and comes with a propane/LP conversion kit with both the nozzles included and is compatible with kitchens of various sizes as well as for outdoor use.
Pulse ignition lights the unit up while 5 powerful SABAF burners do the cooking.
The most powerful among these is a triple ring burner that generates 13000 BTUs worth of heat. Next comes a rapid burner that boasts a capacity of 11000 BTUs. 2 semi-rapid burners produce 6500 BTUs each and the Auxiallry burner supplies a gentle 4000 BTU for the perfect simmer.
This US and Canada CSA certified kitchen appliance is extremely easy to clean. The burners are sealed, so there is no chance of spillage. The reliable tempered glass surface resists stain and heat discoloration.
Often, the knobs of a cooktop prove to be its weak point. That’s not true for this Empava unit.
Even though it is a cooktop, you can easily turn it into the best pro style gas range by coupling it with an Empava 24/30 inch under-counter single wall oven.
Most of this unit is made of tempered glass and overall it looks and feels stylish. The Manufacturers offer a 2-years parts warranty on this 36 inches stove.
Empava also offers two other cooktops with similar feature profiles. Empava EMPV-36GC23 should be a wise pick if you want a stainless steel version of Empava goodness.
You can also check EMPV-36GC881 that has almost all the features of the black Empava dual fuel and comes with the lowest price tag among the three. This stainless steel unit is the best affordable 36 inch gas range that we have reviewed so far.
Dimensions: 35.5 x 20.2 x 4.52 inches
- LP/NG convertible
- CSA certified
- Thermocouple Flameout Failure system ensures the safety of your household
- Useful appendages
- Pulse ignition
- 5 different capacity burners allow maximum flexibility in cooking
- Affordable price point
- Some feel that the grills are too close to the knobs
Verdict on Empava EMPV-36GC5L90I 5 Italy Sabaf Burners Gas Stove Top Cooktop:
With 5 SABAF burners with varying capacities for versatile cooking, fire-hazard prevention, sealed burners for easy cleaning, and stylish looks this gas stove is a winner.
Add the extra dual fuel convenience and you get the best value 36 inch gas range in 2020.
Buying Guide: How to End Up with the Perfect Gas Range?
Before you add a gas cooking range to your shopping cart, meticulous planning will help you avoid ending up with something you later regret.
The planning part isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Besides, we are always here to help.
So keep calm and follow this buying guide.
Measure Your Kitchen:
The annoyance of landing with misfits isn’t as rare as you think. People keep making this trivial mistake all the time, only to realize later that their newly purchased gas range is not cut out for their kitchen.
Measure your kitchen first and decide how large a unit it can accommodate without getting crammed up.
You should also note the exact cutout specifications to ensure that your pick is indeed the perfect fit.
It’s always a good idea to look for the installation instructions and read them word by word.
Choose the Range Style:
A cooktop range is a full range minus the oven. Decide which you require more- a cooktop or an entire range. Both have their advantages.
- Fits in smaller cutouts and saves more of your counter space.
- Allows you the freedom to buy the oven separately, so that you can choose whether you want a single or a double wall-mounted unit.
- Offers more flexibility in burner styles.
- Is a safer option for homes with kids.
- Is great for kitchens with limited space.
- Comes as two appliances in one unit.
- Comes in different sizes and cooking styles.
Decide How Many Burners You Really Need:
Gas ranges come with all sorts and numbers of burners. Five burner units are sufficient for homes, however, it doesn’t hurt if you take a shine for a 6-burner stove such as the Empava Pro-Style Professional.
Burner capacities also vary from one stove to another. The entire burner business, therefore, does tend to get confusing.
However, before taking your pick, make sure that you are going for an appliance that you are going to utilize to the full extent.
For someone who does minimum cooking at home, paying for a multifaceted commercial-grade range doesn’t seem like the wisest option. Vice versa.
Never Settle For Less:
Look for most, if not all of these features in the gas range that you are planning on bringing home-
- CSA Certification, something that units like the SDADI 36-inch gas range have.
- Fire-safe features like the one offered by EMPAVA EMPV-36GC5L90I 5 Italy Sabaf Burners Gas Stove Top Cooktop.
- Dual fuel options with conversion kits.
- Features that ensure easy cleaning such as drip trays, spill-safe sealed burners, enameled oven interior.
- Dishwashable parts.
- Durable built like that of CookRite ATO-6B Commercial Manual Natural Gas Range.
FAQs: Cooking Range Questions and Their Solutions
Here are the top 5 questions we are often asked regarding gas cooking ranges and cooktops.
Are Gas Stoves Dangerous?
Gas stoves are perfectly safe to work with as long as you maintain proper ventilation and safety precautions. The next step towards ensuring the safety of your family is to purchase a gas range certified by the CSA certification. Buying units such as the Empava EMPV-36GC5L90I with additional fire safety features is even better.
What Is BTU?
BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and is a measure of how much heat a gas burner can generate. The higher the BTU measure the more heat is generated and vice versa.
Is Empava EMPV 36GC5L90I A Downdraft Stove Top?
However, you can add a downdraft hood to this unit without any issue.
Can CookRite ATO-6B Be Converted To An LP Fueled Unit?
But, don’t let that dishearten you. There is an LP version by the manufacturer.
Which Is Cheaper To Cook With- Gas Or Electric?
On any given day, gas is cheaper to cook with than electricity. Moreover, gas is a more energy-efficient cooking option as well.
Now, the Simmer
Did you know that every year the US Fire Department gets more calls at Thanksgiving nights than any other date?
If you don’t want to end up being one of the callers, here’s a handy tip:
Only buy the best 36 inch gas range and never forget that turkey!
More Related Product Review: