The secret to delicious BBQ is not to find the best meat and seasonings, but to know how to control the temperature to bend the flame for your benefit!
A skilled and pro griller knows all meat can taste soft and juicy if you cook it at the precise temperature.
It’s never about using the most expensive cut of meat or having the most advanced grill machine, the key to master BBQ lies in the art of controlling the heat.
To control the temperature of your food, you need a good temp controller. In this best bbq temperature controller review, we have gathered our top 10 picks to help you.
What is a BBQ Temperature Controller?
One of the key things that help you maintain the heat in your grill or smoker, is steady airflow. This is where a temperature controller comes into the picture.
You may also like: Choosing the best gas grill
The first part of a temp controller is to monitor your food using the probes. Some temp controllers have multiple probes to monitor a lot of food at the same time.
The probes tell you exactly how high the temperature is both inside the grill and inside the meat. This way you always know if it’s overcooked or not.
You also get to set your desired temperature on the controller so when the grill reaches that, an alarm goes off and you get notified.
To get the best out of your charcoal grills, you need to regulate the flow of air both in and out of the smoker. The temperature controller helps to control this by installing a fan on the intake damper. Then it gets connected to the central control system.
Once you get this all setup, the controller will maintain the fan’s speed depending on your pre-set goal. If the temp gets too high, it will cut down the speed of the fan and vice versa.
How to Find the Best BBQ Temperature Controller?
There is a lot to consider before buying a BBQ temperature controller. Is it not the same as looking for any other kitchen appliances. Sometimes things can get tricky and you end up with hundreds of questions and a head full of confusion.
To find the best thing, you need to know what to look for. Our goal is to make this very easy and simple for you.
So we have gathered, what we call, industry-famous options, agreed by many many different websites and thousands of customer reviews.
We spent hundreds of hours researching and found the best options suitable for many different lifestyles.
We also made a buying guide to help you make the right decision. Before we jump into that section, let’s look at an overview of all the temperature controllers on the list.
- Top Pick: Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller
- Overall Best: PitmasterIQ – 120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit
- Top Compatibility: DigiQ DX3 BBQ Temperature Controller & Digital Meat Thermometer
Still not sold on our top picks? Maybe a few juicy deets will change your mind. But if you want to take a closer look at each of your options, check out the comparison table and complete reviews in the next section.
- The Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller uses patented software and a speed blower to give you precise control over your target temperature. Instead of hovering over your grill, you can keep track of what is going on remotely through their app.
- Want something simple, but very powerful? You’ll love the PitmasterIQ – 120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit as it has programmable functions and a digital display that makes it very easy. Moreover, you can use it with both wood and charcoal grills.
- If grill compatibility is your priority, look no further than the DigiQ DX3 BBQ Temperature Controller & Digital Meat Thermometer. With a unique fan system and large display, it will make grilling easier than ever, while tracking the internal temperature of your food.