You keep butchering the meat all day long and by the time you’re done, all you’re left with is pieces of uneven meat slices lying around.
For that very reason, we went out on our search for the best home meat slicer. Surprisingly, there’s more than one in the market that fits everyone’s needs!
Read through our home meat slicer reviews to pick the right one for you! We’ve not only about the product’s pros and cons, but we’ve also put up a buying guide for your ease.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
These meat slicers have captured hearts everywhere. If we were to sum up these reviews with suggestions for the very best, they would be the following:
- Editor’s Choice: Chef’sChoice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer
- Sturdy and Durable: KWS MS-10NT Premium Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer
- Best Design: Elite Platinum Ultimate Precision Electric Deli Food Meat Slicer
Looking for reasons to get one of these top picks? You’ll get them right here! But if you want a longer look at all your options, the comparison tables and reviews below will help you.
- If you’re looking for a meat slicer that works on bulk amounts for your family, Chef’s Choice Electric Meat Slicer is the one for you. The dial helps you choose the thickness of your slices, and the tilted carriage boosts the efficiency and speed. Best of all, it is pretty low maintenance.
- Looking for a slicer to last through the years? The KWS Premium Commercial Meat Slicer has stainless steel construction and a Teflon-coated blade. It won’t break, rust, or lose its edge anytime soon, making it a must-have for any kitchen.
- Do aesthetics mean a lot to you? Then you’ll adore the Elite Platinum Ultimate Precision Electric Deli Food Meat Slicer for its sleek appearance and endless functionality. The non-slip design is perfect for quick-paced slicing and the unit is long-lasting and wear-proof.
A Little About Meat Slicer
Before getting started on the reviews, let’s give a brief about what to expect from the best meat slicers for all our new cooks! If you’re an expert at this, skip through to the reviews.
From the name itself, you must have already guessed that it’s for cutting meat. Although, it can do so much more than that! Give your meat slicer a chance to have a go at your vegetables, cheese, sausage, and any other deli products, and watch it cut them up finely as well.
Of course, you could get it done professionally, but there’s no satisfaction in that! With your own meat slicer machine, you can get the perfect thickness and length from the meat, effortlessly.
From electric to manual, you have a range of options to choose from. Get that aesthetically pleasing meat slicer for home or one that looks robust to suit more tough tasks, the choice is yours.
How to Use a Meat Slicer
Getting used to a meat slicer can be tricky. When you first encounter that professional-looking machine on your counter, the first step is to not be afraid! Once you’ve done that, below are the rest of the steps you need to follow:
- Wipe off any sort of grease from the counter area.
- Pull the slicer carriage towards you.
- Put the meat in the carriage and secure it with the given lock.
- Select the thickness level.
- Turn it on.
- Push the carriage towards the blades ensuring your hands don’t come in contact with it.
- Once you’re done, turn off the machine.
- Voila! You have your preferred meat slices right in front of you.
Note: Different food slicers have different shapes, so it’s best to get used to how yours works!
Pro tip: Don’t use the machine to cut cooked meat after cutting raw meat as it can spread diseases.
How to Clean a Meat Slicer
We’re done with the easy part, here comes the hectic task: cleaning! We got you covered with that as well, so keep reading.
For the carriage:
- Turn off the power and wait for the blade to stop spinning.
- Pull the meat carrier away from the blade and unscrew it.
- Rinse it under hot water with soap.
For the blade:
- Unfasten the cover on top.
- Spray with soapy water or use a soap towel.
- Wipe with a wet towel until clean.
Pro tip: Always sanitize the home meat slicer to keep it free of germs.
Was all that too confusing for you? Here’s a video to show you how it’s done!
Top 10 Meat Slicers Reviews, In Order
Now that you know how to use and clean a meat slicer, it’s time to choose the best one for your needs. Keep scrolling to make your pick amongst our top choices!