From chiefs to homecooks, everyone loves a good electric skillet. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just the usual Sunday brunch, the right electric skillet can be a great addition to your kitchen space.
If you are planning to buy a skillet chances are you are feeling overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices. To ease your struggle, we have gathered our top 9 picks for ceramic electric skillets.
From the most functional to the most portable, we have carefully chosen our picks based on numerous online reviews and ratings from different websites. If you find this helpful we will consider our days ong research to be a success.
Let’s check out our top 9 list of ceramic electric skillets to find one that suits your needs the most.
How To Find the Best Ceramic Electric Skillet?
Electric skillets are a great option for anyone who loves to cook but does not have the necessary kitchen space for it. Even if they do, electric skillets have the undeniable advantage of compact cooking on one pot. This makes cooking convenient and mess free.
Even though there are many different types, I think ceramic skillets are the best kind of electric skillets due to their synthetic-free components.
Ceramic skillets are made from natural material similar to sand or clay. It has the same non-stick effect without having all the skid effects. Non-stick pans peel or crack which if gets infused with your food, can damage your stomach lining and digestive system.
Ceramic skillets can handle extreme heat without causing those damages to your body. If you buy a cast iron skillet with ceramic coating, it will last you decades.
But there are so many options out there. How do you choose one out of hundreds?
In this review I will share some of our favourite ceramic electric skillets from different brands and price ranges. You will definitely find something you love from here.
- Product Dimensions: : 20 x 12.5 x 8 inches
- Item Weight: : 8.55 pounds
- Size: : 16 Inch
- Color: : Black
- Material: : Aluminum
- Warranty: : 1 year limited
Other features: If you live in a smaller apartment but you have many guests on a regular basis, you need something that can cook larger meals while being convenient to fit in the kitchen cabinets. For those purposes, Presto 16” Electric Foldaway skillet is the superior choice among all the other alternatives.
The skillet is well made and highly impressive functionalities. It cooks virtually any types or dishes while being easy to maintain. To me this sounds like a great investment that you will be able to enjoy for many years to come.
This one is truly a unique product from Presto. We couldn’t help but put this as the number 1 choice among so many great options. This Cast Aluminum skillet is simply gorgeous to look at!
The Presto Foldaway Electric skillet is the perfect choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner in one simple pot. It features a generous 16” cooking surface with extra high side walls for larger cooking and serving capacity.
The control master heat control lets you select a temperature from one to 400 degrees and maintains that temperature throughout the cooking process. It is very precise with its heating which is perfect for steak making or stir frying.
It has a cast Aluminum skillet with a deluxe non-stick surface that makes it a durable kitchen companion time after time.
The tempered glass cover along its stay-cool handles doubles it as a buffet server. The larger pot makes it really convenient for family dinners or thanksgiving meals.
Probably the most unique thing about this product is its foldability. The handles and the base fits inside the pan and the cover stays easily on the top. This makes it convenient to clean and store.
- Cooks very evenly.
- Easy to unsnap the base and clean. You can put just the skillet in the dishwasher for convenience.
- Comes with a pour spout on one side. You can rest your spoon there even with the lid on!
- The deep dish makes it really nifty to cook large quantities without a mess.
- The base folds up and fits inside the pan. You can store it easily even in a smaller kitchen.
- It does have hot rings in the middle. However this does not mean it does not distribute heat consistently. It has a far better heat distribution than most skillets.
- Product Dimensions: : 15 x 8.5 x 17.5 inches
- Item Weight: : 9 pounds
- Heat Range: : Keep Warm (176°F) to 430°F
- Electrical Rating: : 120 volts / 1,300 watts
- Material: : Stainless Steel
- Color: : Brown
Other features: Zojirushi is not a traditional electric skillet in any way. It is more of a novelty tableside cooker that can be used as a skillet. It provides even heat while maintaining the temperature for a long time. The cast iron pot is hIf you are someone who likes to cook steaks or soups a lot, this is the best electric skillet for you. The deep pot is ideal foeavy and feels sturdy on hands.
r a larger family size meal. If you have limited kitchen area, this is one product that can make your life significantly easier.
Zojirushi is a Japanese brand that has established itself as a top manufacturer of household appliances through innovative products and technology. The Gourmet d’Expert electric skillet is just one of their many amazing innovations.
Zojirushi d’expert comes with two large multi-functional cooking pans with a deep dish inner pan for soups and fondues.
Both of the pans have ceramic surfaces with titanium enhanced nonstick coating, which creates the perfect surface for grilling and searing.
The adjustable temperature setting in Zojirushi d’Expert electric skillet goes upto 176°F to 480°F. This means you can cook a wide range of recipes on this skillet. You can even stir fry on this due to it’s high heat technology.
The skillet comes with a tempered glass lid that fits both pans. The handles on the skillet are cool to touch even when it’s on the highest heat.
If you want to make easy hotpots or fondue at home, their deep dish pan is perfect for a four person meal. The cast iron skillet keeps food warm for longer while the extra long power cord lets you put it just in the middle of your kitchen table for the buffet experience.
This is truly much more than just an average electric skillet.
- Comes with a deep dish inner plate, flat plate and a vented steamer all in one pot.
- 12” surface area is large enough for a family sized meal.
- Perfect for tabletop cooking as it's designed to be interactive and versatile.
- Ideal for grilling, searing, braising, gumbo, fondue, steaming and other teppanyaki style dishes. If you like to make asian cuisine, this is a must have.
- Comes with warranty from the manufacturer.
- Confined curricular cooking surface makes it a bit tough to cook more than one pancake at a time. But for most recipes, it does not create an issue.
- Product Dimensions: : 12.25 x 22.25 x 8.25 inches
- Item Weight: : 8.5 pounds
- Electrical Rating: : 120 volts AC, 1500 watts
- Material: : Aluminum
- Color: : Grey Ceramic
Other features: Presto 16” ceramic coated skillet is an absolute classic in the food community. The best thing about this skillet is, you can use it 3/4 times a day and still it will last you at least 5 years! I’m sure if you look at your grandma’s kitchen you will find one of these from old times. That’s how good it is. Presto electric skillets cook food much more evenly than your traditional frying pan. If you know nothing about electric skillets, just buy this one with blind faith.
Presto is wildly popular in the food community because of their high quality kitchen appliances since 1905. If you want to buy a well-built and durable electric skillet, there’s no better brand than Presto.
The big 16” surface allows you to try many versatile recipes and experiment with multi-cooking. As Presto Electric Skillet is made from heavy-cast aluminium with ceramic coating, it’s durable and heavy. The skillet comes with 1500 watts of power, ideal for any types of high temperature cooking.
The design of the skillet with its tempered glass top and high sidewalls allow you to use it as a buffet server when entertaining. Whether you are making burgers or casseroles, Presto electric skillet is the perfect companion for cooking anywhere you want.
The skillet comes with a master heat control technology that distributes the heat evenly while cooking. This along with the lid lets you maintain the desired temperature for your recipe.
- Ceramic coating ensures a long lasting non-stick layer for any types of cooking.
- Made from heavy-cast aluminum which makes it extremely durable.
- Great temperature control system.
- Jumbo 16” pan is ideal for family nights recipes.
- Stay-cool handle gives extra ease while cooking.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Some customers mentioned the temperature dial is hard to see due to it being directly below the wide side handles. It's a minor issue but can be bothersome at times.
- Product Dimensions: : 5.8 x 14.7 x 13.1 inches
- Item Weight: : 6.09 pounds
- Color: : Silver
- Material: : Ceramic
Other features: Most affordable skillets are made to be very minimal in functionality. However, this Oster DuraCeramic skillet is designed to give you a quality product within your budget. It is 20 times faster than your average skillets and stoves. This makes it a great option for students or anyone with a tight schedule.
We have another Oster skillet on the list for those of you who are looking for a more affordable option.
The DuraCeramic coating on this skillet is 4 times more durable than your average non-stick pans. As it is a natural ceramic coating, it’s healthier and easy to clean. There are no harmful chemicals like PTFE and PFOA.
Almost all the non-stick pans contain those two chemicals. WHen you use them for high heat cooking, they come out and mix with your food. In this skillet, you can stir fry and brown meats without any worry.
The 12 x 12 inches skillet is just big enough to make larger portions of meal while being compact enough to fit on any countertops. You won’t even need a conventional stove.
The temperature is adjustable and removable to help you customise your skillet however you want. The skillet comes with a tempered glass lid like every Oster skillet does. The steam vent along with its cool touch handle makes it quite convenient if you are cooking in a hurry.
- Very easy to clean with just a damp cloth.
- The DuraCeramic coating does not need any additional oils as it is fully non-stick.
- Ideal for high temperature cooking like deep fry or stir fry.
- Large surface is ideal for one pan dishes.
- Not dishwasher proof. You can use hot water if necessary for cleaning but in most cases, a simple damp cloth is enough.
- Product Dimensions: : 16.5 x 8 x 9.5 inches
- Item Weight: : 7 pounds
- Color: : Black
- Material: : Nonstick
Other features: Unlike most skillets, this one is lightweight and easy to use. This is because it’s not made from cast iron. There are obvious advantages of a cast iron skillet.
However, for a smaller apartment, a lightweight option like Nesco Deep Dish electric skillet is an excellent choice to make larger quantities of meals without any inconvenience. It's so easy that you’ll want to use it everyday!
If you are solely looking for an electric skillet with a deep pan for making family dinners or curry style recipes, this is a really good option for you.
Made from Die Cast Aluminum, this pan comes in 800 watts of power with heat resistant handles. You can easily roam around the kitchen without worrying too much about it.
The skillet has a high quality non-stick interior that is perfect for frying or roasting large chicken breasts. The thermostat temperature control helps you to stop overcooking or undercooking your meals.
You can make a larger family sized dinner in one pot and use it as a buffet as the pan holds its temperature for quite a while after cooking. The sturdy glass lid allows you to retain moisture while being able to check your cooking progress.
The probe is removable which makes it dishwasher safe. If you do not have a dishwasher, you can just use soapy water and washcloth to clean it properly.
- Easy to use and clean
- Ideal temperature control that anyone can understand.
- DIshwasher safe.
- Ideal for a single or two person household.
- Heats up really quickly and evenly.
- Versatile skillet, ideal for different cooking techniques.
- Can not cook larger family sized meals.